Problems?

if anyone has problems with the site, for example something looks out of place, or a page isn't loading, let me know here!

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Problems?

Post by Diabolical »

It seems the last week or so the site is inaccessible for short periods of time (usually).

Last night however the site was down for at least 90 minutes. I went to be after that.
I got an error message once. The rest of the time it a "website could not be found" message.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Problems?

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I couldn't get on at all Friday. :(
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

I have yet to experience those problems. It could be because I'm always on during your daytime though.
Sweet berry wine!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

don't know about friday, but yes, last night there were problems although the helpdesk at my host said they "could connect to http://vynsane.com fine".

some helpdesk. :roll:
Life is short. STUNT IT!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

had another outage for about half an hour just now. mabs alerted me to the situation, and i immediately sent another reply to my host's helpdesk. this time, they came back with
completely unhelpful technician wrote:I don't think that is on our end, what ISP are you currently using and what is your location?
to whit i responded
angry webmaster wrote:i'm getting reports from forum users in california, colorado, las vegas, montreal, and here in new york. it would be a huge coincidence for all of our ISP's to have outages concurrently.

for what it's worth i'm on cablevision in beacon, ny, duchess county. however, seeing as how i can access ALL other websites i've tried save for the ones i currently host with your company, i find your theory dubious at best.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

the unhelpfulness continues...
another unhelpful customer service agent wrote: Hello,

I just went to your website and it appears to be loading fine. I tested from an Internet connection outside of the Site5 network. If you are still having problems, please provide me with your workstation IP address as well as a traceroute from your computer to the server.

You may retrieve your IP address from the following URL:

http://site5.com/support/whatismyip.php

If you do not know how to run a traceroute, please go to the following site in our Wiki:

http://wiki.site5.com/Traceroute_howto

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

--
Best regards,
-
Adam Morton
still unsatisfied customer wrote:as i've said it's been intermittent. in this instance, by the time i received a response the server had already righted itself. i'm just alerting you to the fact that there have been a series of intermittent outages on demeter since at least friday that could be indicative of a larger problem with the server. i could supply you with the traceroute for every single forum user who experiences the outage the next time i need to report one if you truly would find that of value, but i doubt it would do anything more than cause a rather large headache for you.
it's like they're not even reading!
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Zaphod
knightrider
Location: CHESTER A. ARTHUR'S WIFE'S VAGINA... WITH THE VINEGAR, BABY!

Post by Zaphod »

oh thank god. i thought you'd been kicked off the internet, or you didn't like me. i was afraid i'd have to talk to real people.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Zaphod wrote:oh thank god. i thought you'd been kicked off the internet, or you didn't like me. i was afraid i'd have to talk to real people.

(I don't want to ruin it for him. Nobody here is real.)
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Namblaman
bacon

Post by Namblaman »

These errors are surely the work of Doctor Douche. I must return him to his prison in the seventh level of Hell posthaste. In the meantime, I will contact Benjamin Franklin, Nicolai Tesla, Station, and David Faustino's career to assist your obviously deficient webmasters in restoring an acceptable level of service. I myself experienced a problem when attempting to relay this message; Douche has become more brazen already. His power will increase with every moment he spends on Earth. Soon, he will be unstoppable.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

yeah, i bet it is, marlon...

anyway, haven't experienced any site outages, but my email has been unresponsive for the better part of 4 hours at this point. looks like time to find another new host to me if things don't improve.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

I just had an outage but then I refreshed it and it worked. Soooo...not much of an outage...
Sweet berry wine!