safari 2.0 screw up...

if anyone has problems with the site, for example something looks out of place, or a page isn't loading, let me know here!

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

vynsane
master of the universe

safari 2.0 screw up...

Post by vynsane »

hey, i was looking at the site the other day at the apple store, and lo and behold, safari 2.0 bugs out on my site... the padding around the links on the index page is nonexistent, and the theme picker completely confuses it. i click on the link to "macabre" from any page, and the browser window goes blank. i reload, and it's "cool blue boxes."

not to mention, i saw what jdr3 means about the lag time on the loading of the index page. a couple of "happy clicking" fits on the reload button and it works, but it's a weird problem...

don't know how apple managed to screw up their browser so bad, but they did. if this is how they build software, i'm glad i don't have a mac!!!

[ninja]
jdr3
sloth

Post by jdr3 »

Hey Vyn,

Did you change something....the theme thingee ain't working at all now on my browser
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

no, i haven't changed a thing... THAT'S weird... you're still using 1.2, or did you get the new OSx 10.4 with safari 2.0? if you did the update, that's why. 2.0, like i said fucks the whole thing up.
jdr3
sloth

Post by jdr3 »

I'm running v1.3, haven't updated to tiger, never a smart idea to update as soon as they come out with a new OS until a couple of service packs are put out. .... hmph wierd.....
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

okay, 1.3 is the closest thing to 2.0, though: it's bundled with the update to 10.3.9, correct? is that a new install, or were you running that before, when it first worked *sort of*? either way it's probably a bug with how safari treats alternate style sheets, or it's something with the javascript to do so... most likely it's support of alternate style sheets. submit a bug to apple if you don't mind!

[beard]!
jdr3
sloth

Post by jdr3 »

it's what I was running before when it sort of worked......i'll submit the bug for ya to apple.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

cool, thanks. yeah, i don't think i've changed anything on the site in the time between you said it worked, and now when it doesn't. very strange. and depressing that apple would not only release a browser with such a glaring bug, but that with the relase of 2.0 (jump from 1.3 to 2.0???) it's not fixed! pretty bad, there...
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

hey, jdr... can you check out this page, and see if the theme picker works?

http://www.vynsane.com/nosubmit2.html
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

nevermind, man, it's still not working... really pissing me off!@!@#@$@#$ASDFASE#@$@#$
Bizarro Snigtad Flornbi
bacon

Post by Bizarro Snigtad Flornbi »

Dear me, the aroma of heterosexuality is certainly quite pungent to the point of being outright intoxicating in this discussion. My compliments, good sir.
"Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair."

--P. B. Shelley