My wife has created a zombie

computers are cool - they are the reason you are here right now! Hopefully, JJReason can build one and prove once and for all, Canadians are somewhat intelligent.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

My wife has created a zombie

Post by anarky »

I'm not sure how. Her Yahoo account sent out this obvious spam to everyone in her address book on Thursday morning. Doesn't look like any other mails have gone out (as I'm one of the lucky recipients), so it may be someone hacked her account. Nothing on her commonly used webmail accounts, and nothing from any of mine.

Trouble is, she's not being very cooperative, and swears it was nothing she did. This despite me being incredibly fucking cautious online and her clicking on every fucking thing that says "Click here!"

She uses a Mac. I do, too, but there's a PC, which was on at the time of the spam. I'm scanning it now and don't really expect to find anything there. Any way to check the Mac, or should we be safe with changing passwords?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: My wife has created a zombie

Post by anarky »

She's now convinced it was a hijacked account (who knows how, but she loves clicking on "e-mail this!" on random sites rather than just e-mailing the URL, and other such things). Still not cooperating very well with me. She thinks she's a computer expert. I know I'm not, but still am a few hundred times as knowledgeable as she is. It's frustrating.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Re: My wife has created a zombie

Post by vynsane »

accounts can get hacked from time to time, though i've heard it more prevalent with hotmail than yahoo. not out of the question, tho.
Life is short. STUNT IT!