Printer error message

computers are cool - they are the reason you are here right now! Hopefully, JJReason can build one and prove once and for all, Canadians are somewhat intelligent.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Printer error message

Post by anarky »

Dunno if anyone can help with this, but, if you can, thanks in advance.

Last night, I got a notice that my printer driver was downloading an update. It's always been sort of annoying; it just tells me it is, and doesn't give me an option. It causes issues with Word and Excel that cause them to spontaneously shut down; Microsoft has information on this, but always says it's up to HP to update their driver. Every time, which is about once a week, I cross my fingers and hope this is the time that the update will actually correct this.

However, this morning, when I turned on the computer, I got a chime and an error that says, "HP Photosmart C3100 series Disconnected!" Well, no fucking shit. I didn't turn it on. I don't turn on the printer probably 90% of the times I turn on the computer.

It could be rather annoying, though, to have to close this popup every time I turn on the computer. I searched online and, well, I'm not sure if it's so new no one's run into it yet to complain. I can't find any preferences anywhere regarding this.

Any clues how to shut this off?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!