iPods are quirky

computers are cool - they are the reason you are here right now! Hopefully, JJReason can build one and prove once and for all, Canadians are somewhat intelligent.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: iPods are quirky

Post by anarky »

So here's a really weird one.

I just imported a GH album by Pure Prairie League (a country-rock group, most famous for "Amie"). I downloaded the artwork, and, for some weird reason, all the songs showed the right image except for "Amie." That one had the cover of Billy Idol's Greatest Hits. Absolutely nothing in the album description, genre, etc, was different from the rest of the album, and it's dead center in the track list. I have no idea how it decided to fuck up one random song.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

I'm thinking about getting an ipod touch. Does it matter which generation I get? And I see amazon sells both new and used. What's the downside of buying used?
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Ran wrote:What's the downside of buying used?
They could have used their penis instead of a finger.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Okay, so an extremely generous friend gave me an IPad for Christmas. It's a used iPad, but whatever, I'm not a finicky fuck and an iPad is an iPad. So he's awesome no matter what.
He also uploaded(downloaded? Whats the correct direction?) a serious shit ton of movies onto my ebook hard drive(which I bought like seven years ago with the intent of backing up my iTunes and never even touched the thing. I'm so technophobic, I'm convinced that my attempt to do so would A. Erase my entire library and B. somehow fry my laptop (and also C. Somehow burn my house down and D. Get me arrested. Don't ask me how, but I'm convinced all manner of heinous shit will occur as soon as I touch electronics) so now I've got this ancient drive with

2 Guns
Aint them Bodies Saints
Dead Man Down
Despicable Me 2
Don Jon
Drinking Buddies
Elysium
Epic
Evil dead
Fast Fast Furious 6
Fruitvale Station (funny aside, autocorrect decided that should be fruitcake)
GIJoe Retaliation
Grown Ups 2
Hours
Identity Thief
Insidious 1 and 2
Jack the Giant Killer
Justice League Flashpoint
Kick Ass 2
Man of Steel
Monsters University
Mud
Now you see me
Oblivion
Olympus has Fallen
Only God Forgives
Oz the Great and Powerful
Pacific Rim
Pain and Gain
Paranoia
Parker
Parcy Jackson 2
Prisoners
RIPD
Red 2
Spring Breakers
Star Trek Into Darkness
Bling Ring
The Call
Conjuring
The Family
Great Gatsby
Hangover III
The Heat
Burt Wonderstone
The Internship
Lone Ranger
Mortal Instruments
Place Beyond the Pines
The Purge
Smurfs 2
The to do list
The Wolverine
The Worlds End
This is the End
To the Wonder
Trance
Turbo
We're the Millers
What Maisie Knew
White House Down
World War Z

As well as up to present runs of Game of Thrones, Brooklyn 99, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Mob City and Soundtrack/Scores to about a billion recent films.

But I'm such a goddamn Luddite heathen, I can't figure out how to get the files off the hard drive onto the laptop and then further onto the iPad. I started after dinner at 6:00 and it's now 9:00.
I'm about to throw it all in the trash. This is why I still buy floppies. They aren't complicated. It's newsprint folded in half and stapled. It doesn't require 17 goddamn cables or UBS SUB BSU ports or passwords and blinking shit. Fuck you technology. Blow it out your ass.

Fuck, I was excited to watch Breaking Bad, too.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran

Post by Ran »

I think you can hook both the hard drive and the ipad to the computer. Then you have to open iTunes. Set the library to the hard drive. It will then automatically search it. You might have to check the movies you want added to the ipad.

Or did I completely misunderstand the question?
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I've discerned there may or may not be something called "synching" which may or may not involve some kind of software which may or may not require an Internet connection I don't have. Eh. I'll suss it out tomorrow. I'm too tired now. Six hours flushed.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”