Windows 7 version lineup revealed: Prepare for disappointmen

computers are cool - they are the reason you are here right now! Hopefully, JJReason can build one and prove once and for all, Canadians are somewhat intelligent.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Windows 7 version lineup revealed: Prepare for disappointmen

Post by Ran »

The good news: I downloaded Windows 7, burned it to a dvd, and installed it to my laptop. The laptop runs better now.

The bad news: something is corrupt in the updates. When the windows updates and has to reboot, something isn't working right. It runs a self check at the start, which takes forever. Then it tries to restore a previous setting. Works fine for a while, then back to the corrupted update. The only outside program I've put on there are the Adobe updates. I'm wondering if they are the problem.
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

I think I worked out all the bugs. It took a lot of self repairing re-boots.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

that's one thing with upgrading as opposed to a clean install - it still has remnants of the old. i had a bitch of a time getting visual studio to work on win7 after i upgraded from vista, so much so that last week i blew it out of the water, created a virtual machine of windows server 2003, installed visual studio on THAT and now use that as my work platform. haven't opened the win7 virtual machine since. i need to retrieve my archived emails from that one, then i can delete it and reclaim about 30 gigs of space on my mac.
Life is short. STUNT IT!