browser wars 3.0... a new player enters the mix

computers are cool - they are the reason you are here right now! Hopefully, JJReason can build one and prove once and for all, Canadians are somewhat intelligent.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: browser wars 3.0... a new player enters the mix

Post by anarky »

I've been noticing more and more "this link appears to be broken" in Chrome, when the page works fine in other browsers, or even in Chrome if I refresh. Serious bug, or minor annoyance? Not sure yet.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

I'm going back to Firefox for most purposes. Too many "This link does not appear to be working" problems negate the benefit of the slightly-faster load time.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

yeah, i use it as a novelty ever once in a while, but i'm pretty sure future development will make it eclipse FF... if for no other reason than 'google' is ubiquitous online, while 'mozilla' and/or 'firefox' are not.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

I'm sure it will, but it should (hopefully) be improved by that time. Quite often, I'd try to load a commonly-used page, and it wouldn't load. I'd refresh, and no luck. A few times, I tried opening it in Firefox and Explorer to verify it wasn't the site, closed Chrome, re-opened Chrome, and it still wouldn't work. I couldn't figure out why, and it was rather an annoyance.

Still, that is the only drawback, and, once it's corrected, I might switch back.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i've heard that error happening, but never experienced it first-hand.
Life is short. STUNT IT!