Weird IE issue

computers are cool - they are the reason you are here right now! Hopefully, JJReason can build one and prove once and for all, Canadians are somewhat intelligent.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Weird IE issue

Post by anarky »

Here's a strange one.

I'm using IE 7.0 because I haven't figured out how to selectively delete history in Firefox yet. (And it shows the full page title. I don't want stuff like "Who do you want nekkid?" showing up when my wife goes looking for a page.)

This just happened for the first time on the new computer. It's happened in the past on other computers, running both IE 5.0 and IE 6.0. No rhyme or reason regarding the site I'm looking at when it happens.

I click on a link. Next thing I know, a new window pops up with the contents of the current window. Before I can close it, a third window has opened. Windows start opening so fast that it's impossible to shut them, and the number adds up quickly. Plus, since they're opening on top, it makes it next to impossible to save data in or close other programs. (Luckily, this time, I only had IE running.) Eventually, I have to log out, shut down, or even just turn off the computer.

I did a search, and can't find anything about this. But, since it's happened on three isolated computers, I figure it HAS to be fairly common. Any idea what the fuck is up, or how to prevent it?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Seven
knightrider

Re: Weird IE issue

Post by Seven »

Tools > Options > Privacy tab *thumbs up

IE sucks my milk sacks!
The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an Amusement Park.
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

anarky wrote:I'm using IE 7.0 because I haven't figured out how to selectively delete history in Firefox yet. (And it shows the full page title. I don't want stuff like "Who do you want nekkid?" showing up when my wife goes looking for a page.)
Firefox: Tools - Clear Private Data.
So easy a Flantdig could do it.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

weird. i don't really know what's going on there. i'd say go into "tools" -> "Internet Options" -> "Security" tab, and click "reset all zones to default level" and see if that does anything.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

I know how to wipe all history in Firefox. Is there a way to delete certain sites (I know it can be done in IE, so I assume it can be done in Firefox).
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Seven
knightrider

Post by Seven »

in the address bar, clicky clicky on the lil arrow to the right, highlight at your whim sites you don't want there anymore and hit delete or if you want to take that extra step, right click, then delete :mabs:
The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an Amusement Park.
anarky

Post by anarky »

That simple, huh?

Man, I feel stupid.
Ben Reilly
bacon

Post by Ben Reilly »

Where is this "Who do you want nekkid?" topic? Because I want Ann Coulter nekkid. She stimulates the dong and the mind with her right-thinking insights and luscious breasts!
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

anarky wrote: I click on a link. Next thing I know, a new window pops up with the contents of the current window. Before I can close it, a third window has opened. Windows start opening so fast that it's impossible to shut them, and the number adds up quickly. Plus, since they're opening on top, it makes it next to impossible to save data in or close other programs. (Luckily, this time, I only had IE running.) Eventually, I have to log out, shut down, or even just turn off the computer.

I did a search, and can't find anything about this. But, since it's happened on three isolated computers, I figure it HAS to be fairly common. Any idea what the fuck is up, or how to prevent it?
That happens to the computers at work as well. I still haven't figured out how to get around it. I do just like you and restart.
Sweet berry wine!
Ben Reilly
bacon

Post by Ben Reilly »

And where's the "corn section" mentioned in the description of the comics forum?
comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.