Windows Vista

computers are cool - they are the reason you are here right now! Hopefully, JJReason can build one and prove once and for all, Canadians are somewhat intelligent.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Windows Vista

Post by Ran »

What's the word on this? What's the deal with Basic and Premium? The little I've seen makes it look cool, but looks can be decieving. It will probably be a while before I upgrade just to make sure the bugs are out.

Circuit City has a deal that if you buy Vista, you can get a free stuff (printer, router, Norton)

http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/172 ... Content.do
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I have a sinking feeling that when I get around to getting a new computer, I'll be stuck with this.

I hate getting anything from Microsoft until it's been out a year or so. They're notorious for leaving HUGE holes in software and releasing it anyway.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Re: Windows Vista

Post by vynsane »

Rogue II wrote:What's the word on this?
crap.
What's the deal with Basic and Premium?
just new words that take the place of "home" and "professional"
The little I've seen makes it look cool, but looks can be decieving. It will probably be a while before I upgrade just to make sure the bugs are out.
i think this is the general sentiment of a great many people. M$ is in for a major disappointment. XP is JUST good enough that people will wonder about the benefits of upgrading - and most people won't know if they're CAPABLE of upgrading - there's a lot of stuff packed in there that's just too sophisticated for your average PC.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Fuck Vista. XP is good enough for me. I have heard you need to upgrade basically your whole insides to get this(video card etc). I will buy a new computer in a year or so and it will come with everything. Maybe Black Friday will hold a good deal. Should be alright by then.
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

One of the clips I saw from the CES expo was that Vista will allow you to put video on your desktop instead of just regular images. They demonstrated it by showing pretty waterfall as the background. Isn't that lovely?

Not all updates are bad. My old pc ran started off on Windows 95. I upgraded to 98, probably a bad move. Then, I upgraded to XP and it ran a hell of a lot better.

As far as Vista goes, I found this:

System requirements:
800 MHz processor
512MB system memory
15GB hard drive space
CD-ROM drive
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Rogue II wrote:As far as Vista goes, I found this:

System requirements:
800 MHz processor
512MB system memory
15GB hard drive space
CD-ROM drive
that should be the MINIMUM requirements... with which you can't run the niftier components, like the video desktop and the transition animations... not necessary by any stretch of the imagination, but other than a speedier search function, they seem to be the only things vista has over XP...
Life is short. STUNT IT!
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Holy fuck, 15 gigs of space. Thats a helluva alot
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

It's fucking overrated, I'm sure. I'm happy enough with XP and haven't had any major problems with it.
Sweet berry wine!
Snigtad Flornbi
christopher walken
Location: I AM NOT CALING U, I AM CALLIN THE LADYS, NOT U, CUZ U R A FAGG!

Post by Snigtad Flornbi »

You shoud put ur dick in the hard driev and see if that werks.

Oooooh, buuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrn!!!!!
NOW THAT IS A GOD DAM GAYE ROBAT!!! LOOK A THAT FUCKIN DICK ON HIS HAND, HE PROBLY SUX IT EVER NITE CUZ HE IS A GAY FAG LIEK U FAGGETS!! MAN, U FAGS LIEK ROBAT DONG HANDS UP UR GAY ASSES DON'T U, HA HA HA HA HA HA I NEW IT!!!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Windows Vista

Post by anarky »

I was going to joke that your link didn't work, but it actually says they expect circuitcity.com to be back in business soon. What's up with that?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!