The Godfather: The Game

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

The Godfather: The Game

Post by Ran »

Is anyone going to pick this one up? From what I heard, you have to work your way up from thug to being the Godfather. The concept sounds good, but I'm waiting to hear about the gameplay.
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Not right away, but I might down the road after I hear about it more. Graphics look cool.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Still way too expensive here. I won't even go near it until it drops in price, so let me know what you think once you've tried it out.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Frye's Electronics has it for $30 this week. Supposedly there is also special or limited edition version of the game also. I don't know what it includes since haven't looked into it much yet. From what I hear it is a pretty good game, similar to a Grand Theft Auto type game. They used the music from the movies in the game.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: The Godfather: The Game

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Gamestop has this policy where you can bring a used game back within the week and get your money back, so last year I was getting games for a week, playing them hardcore, then returning them and getting a new game. Which is more than enough time to finish the main story of any single game, and usually plenty of time to get a majority of the achievements on side missions. In essence I was getting free games until I found one I liked enough to keep.

But two of the games I got for a week were Godfather and Godfather II. I was fairly impressed that they got Brando, Jimmy Caan, Robert Duvall, and Abe Vigoda to do the voices for the first one. Why that pompous ass Pacino was too good for something that Brando signed off on, we'll never know.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie