Nintendo Switch

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Nintendo Switch

Post by Tom Foolery »

My GF is the hugest Legend of Zelda nerd ever. She replays the games once a year. She's got books, T-shirts, figures, even a replica Ocarina of Time displayed on a shelf. And she's been waiting for FOUR years for a new Zelda game, since they didn't release one with the WiiU.

So I told her I'd buy her a Twitch (Swatch? Snitch? Pinch? Whatever it's called) as an early birthday present when they came out. Little did I realize Nintendo only sent out like six systems to North America for its launch a few weeks ago. So we've been patiently scouring stores ever since. I got home from work last night and she was standing on our third floor balcony looking at me. "Oh. My. God." she said. And that was all. When I came up the stairs, my daughter had already unlocked the door and had her head poking out, whispered "You must hurry."
So when I walked thru the door I said, "You found a Switch, didn't you." and they both were like 'Whaa...how the fuck did you know??'
It's because intuitiveness is my super power.

The console itself is hardly anything. It's tiny af. And 70% of that is the portable, removable screen. The controls are designed for the hands of a four year old. I may get use to them eventually, but right now I feel like sausage mchugehands trying to move my thumbs and fingers quickly across all the buttons. I only played for like three minutes because obviously I'm deferring to the Zelda freaks I live with.

The games come on basically SD cards that are about as big as your thumbnail. I foresee many many many children losing their games and having to replace $60 games that get sucked up in vacuums. But I digress.

The game itself is gorgeous. And huge. They played for a few hours and didn't uncover even a part of one section of one area of the map. I went to bed, and woke up today. My daughter was still awake, having played it thru the night. After seven hours of exploring, she had uncovered about three sections of the first area of the map. There looks like about 5-6 more sections in the area she's in, and like 7 more areas. I was like WTF!!!

If Breath of the Wild hadn't been a launch title, I don't think we would have even bothered to get one right away. The number of games for it is minuscule at this point. A new Mario game comes out this summer, and I can honestly see us taking that long to finish Zelda. It's massive.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by Ran »

The reviews of Zelda all say it is awesome.

We're waiting to see what other games are coming out. If they announce Animal Crossing, I'm sure my wife and kids will push for one.