SW Battlefront

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

SW Battlefront

Post by jjreason »

Wow. I've only just begun the training missions, but it's like playing the movie. I'm jjreason on PSN, playing on PS4 if anyone wants to join up.
"Something inside me....."
Diabolical

Re: SW Battlefront

Post by Diabolical »

Do you have Playstation Plus?

The game is beautiful and I really like what the game does have, but I'm pretty disappointed how limited the single player offline gaming is. 5 vehicle trainings and 5-10 small map soldier missions and that's it. No story/campaign mode at all. It's like everything you can do offline is just practice for online, where it seems like the most enjoyment is going to come.

I'm not an online gamer, but I might buy a 3 month Playstation Plus subscription to check it out.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I have the same complaint. I found the single player missions in the old PS2 Battlefront to be amazing - just goes to show how much emphasis is on PVP these days - the single player missions here ARE just an exposure to game mechanics. I'm on PS Plus (Tom plays Destiny as well so we've had it for some time), but without the deck plugged in (it's online via wireless) I can't even join a game without disconnecting. Going to have to run a cable.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

That's disappointing. I'm not an online gamer either but I was excited to eventually get this.
I hate having to buy a game and then pay even more to play it.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I like this game. I've had it for several years, as well as the sequel. Pretty fucking badass. :)
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

The N64 was still the best version of the battle of Hoth, even in light of these fancy graphics. :beard:
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Quack is MeatSweats4U on PSN.
anarky

Post by anarky »

His meat sweats for me?

Thanks but no thanks.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Now the dirty line of questioning - if I could negotiate letting Quack have his way with me in exchange for his wife having her way with me (separately), would I go for it? :beard:
anarky

Post by anarky »

It'd totally be worth having to deal with his wife for a few minutes. Quack is hawt!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

My son brought Battlefront over this week while he was on Spring Break. I don't think it's even worth $20 out of a discount bin. The maps are tiny and I kept running off them and since they aren't marked, I wouldn't get back "in" in time.
Flying the speeder bikes was especially annoying because I'd go off map instantly after I got on the bike. I spent about 70 seconds on that level before I said fuck off.
I didn't play any of the vehicle levels.

I hope eventually someone makes a kick ass OT game for non online players.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran

Post by Ran »

EA's exclusive rights to make Star Wars games has expired. Ubisoft (makers of Assasin's Creed) announced they are making game that is "brand-new, story-driven, open world 'Star Wars' adventure".

I've wanted someone to make a Star Wars game similar to Grand Theft Auto where you don't necessarily have to be a Jedi. Maybe this is it.

Ubisoft is also making and Indiana Jones game. There was a teaser trailer, but it didn't show any gameplay.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/official-dis ... 19679.html
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

should be interesting to see how they over-promise and under-deliver on the premise, the same way everyone seems to be doing these days (looking at you, Cyberpunk 2077). that said, hopefully they can succeed, but "story-driven" and "open world" (EDIT: shouldn't it be "open galaxy"?) seem a bit counter to each other. i guess you need a narrative to push you along but it would be cool if there was a way to determine your own path. i just hope there's a large deal of local/offline play, i'm kind of annoyed by the amount of content that's locked behind the online-play paywall on things like SW Battlefront II or SW Squadrons.

that said, i got Squadrons and Jedi: Fallen Order for xmas. i've been playing JFO a lot, it's quite fun.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I've been playing Galaxy of Heroes on my phone for a few years now. EA made it - any idea if they'll still handle it or if someone else would take over or will it die?
Ran

Post by Ran »

EA will continue making Star Wars games, but now other companies can make SW games as well.