Disney Infinity 2.0 - Marvel Super Heroes

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

vynsane
master of the universe

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 - Marvel Super Heroes

Post by vynsane »

BestBuy is going to have the 3.0 starter set for $40 on black friday, which will be $32 if you have Gamer's Club Unlocked - a really good deal, since the MSRP of a playset that only contains the two figures and the play set piece is $35, so you get the game disc and base as well as the figures and play set for less.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

We got 3.0 for Christmas. 2-1B is in the 3.0 as one of the townspeople. So is Howard the Duck. 2-1B is one of the 2 Star Wars townspeople you can get without buying one of the Star Wars play sets.

Photos were also leaked new figures which included Baloo, Black Panther, Antman, and Vision. The new Marvel Battlegrounds play set only has one figure, which is the unmasked Capt. America.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

We haven't purchased it yet. Are you guys having fun with it? (3.0). Tom didn't really spend a lot of time with the Marvel version so I'm not in a rush to try the next one.
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

My wife and kids are playing Inside Out still. I have been playing the Toy box Takeover, Speedway, and checked out some of the levels you can download. Its fine, but if you guys didn't get into 2.0, 3.0 isn't all that much different. I'll probably get the OT Star Wars play set at some point.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i've been playing the star wars playsets a lot this past week or so. they're each a lot of fun and quite different from one-another. i started with TFA so i know those characters the best. only just began the Twilight of the Republic tonight and Rise Against the Empire a few nights ago.

Finn is awesome when powered up a bit, his blaster just decimates everyone. Rey's melee skills are incredible, on par with Iron Fist. Poe is okay, haven't really seen a true strength from him. you'd think he would at least have an advantage flying. Kylo Ren is fun, but i just unlocked him so haven't used him a lot - that's important to note, too - you can play as Finn, Rey, or Poe out of the gate, but Kylo needs to be unlocked by finding his coin, like characters from other eras.

the reveal of the Marvel Battlegrounds playset went over like a wet turd. instead of a playset with two figures for $35, you get a playset with one figure for (five dollars) less! that's not a huge deal, though, as i'm sure we'll see it on discount for at least $20. the real problem is that they basically told everyone who was anticipating Scarlet Witch as the second figure that they'd rather give them nothing than another female marvel character.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Poe has wisetalkin' powers and a bitching coat.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

anarky wrote:Poe has wisetalkin' powers and a bitching coat.
he only has his jacket if you have the TFA power disc pack, which includes his "Resistance jacket costume change" disc. otherwise he's in his flight-suit and Finn has the jacket (you can use Finn's "First Order Stormtrooper costume change" disc if it bothers you that they are wearing it at the same time).
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Best Buy has a bunch of figures on sale for $5 and $9. Ultron and HulkBuster Ironman are among the ones going for $5.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/save- ... 60OdvWM5Ww
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

yeah, i ordered Flynn and Quorra (from TRON: Legacy), Ezra and Zeb (from SW: Rebels), and Olaf (Frozen) and Spot (The Good Dinosaur). the first four were $5 each ($4 with Gamer's Club Unlocked) and the other two were $8 ($7.19 w/GCU).

TRU has power disc packs on sale 50% off right now, going to price-match at Best Buy on the Zootopia and Battlegrounds packs when i pick up my order.

that will leave Kanan Jarrus (i want the Light FX version from Amazon), Boba Fett, Black Panther, Vision and Symbiote Spidey to complete 3.0.

already have everyone from 2.0.

1.0, still need Buzz, Jessie, Lone Ranger, Tonto, Violet, Syndrome, Randy, and all the Cars characters. not sure if i'll finish them all off, but i do really want Violet, Buzz and Jessie. just watched The Lone Ranger the other day for the first time and it was actually really cool, thinking about picking that playset up, as it's like $17 on amazon right now. made me think of John Carter and how awesome it would have been to get Carter, Deja and Tars Tarkas figures if that movie had done better than Disney wanted.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I have zero interest in playing the game, but I recently fell into trap of buying the Episodes IV & VII figures, just because of how awesome they look. Hopefully they release Fett on a single card.
I also want Artoo & Threepio, Ben Kenobi, and a Stormtrooper to complete ANH. From what I understand, the droids wouldn't be very useful.

Skipping the Rebels and PT/Clone Wars figures, because meh.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Boba just came out on single card like last week - I've seen a good number of them up here. The upcoming light effect Kylo looks really cool too, they made the saber seem jagged by spiralling the clear outer plastic around the red blade - neat.
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

vynsane wrote:yeah, i ordered Flynn and Quorra (from TRON: Legacy), Ezra and Zeb (from SW: Rebels), and Olaf (Frozen) and Spot (The Good Dinosaur). the first four were $5 each ($4 with Gamer's Club Unlocked) and the other two were $8 ($7.19 w/GCU).

TRU has power disc packs on sale 50% off right now, going to price-match at Best Buy on the Zootopia and Battlegrounds packs when i pick up my order.

that will leave Kanan Jarrus (i want the Light FX version from Amazon), Boba Fett, Black Panther, Vision and Symbiote Spidey to complete 3.0.

already have everyone from 2.0.

1.0, still need Buzz, Jessie, Lone Ranger, Tonto, Violet, Syndrome, Randy, and all the Cars characters. not sure if i'll finish them all off, but i do really want Violet, Buzz and Jessie. just watched The Lone Ranger the other day for the first time and it was actually really cool, thinking about picking that playset up, as it's like $17 on amazon right now. made me think of John Carter and how awesome it would have been to get Carter, Deja and Tars Tarkas figures if that movie had done better than Disney wanted.
The Lone Ranger was probably the best playset from 1.0. You need the 1.0 disc to play it.

Target also had the power discs at 50% off. I grabbed the OT discs for myself and Tomorrowland & the Dinosaur for the kids. I didn't think Zootopia wasn't on sale, otherwise I would have got that instead of one of the other two. We got the Zootopia figures for the kids for Easter.

I found the used PT playset piece for $4 last month. It didn't come with the figures, so I had to use Yoda until I unlocked Vader, Han, & Chewbacca. I beat most of the missions, except for Pod Racing. I'm going back to get all the stars and collectibles.

I'll probably get the OT playset & Boba Fett for my birthday. Might get the Marvel Battlegrounds with a $25 gift card I got from mypoints. My older daughter mostly likes the building & farming aspect of the game, but my younger daughter likes to fight.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i have the 1.0 starter for Wii U, just never got the additional playsets. i wish that they would patch in an emulator for previous versions, because i don't want to have to share ownership with the figures in multiple iterations. i heard that you have to reset the figure to jump back to 1.0 from any other version, so that's not ideal.

yeah, Boba was just widely released on the 15th along-side the new Marvel figures (new Cap, Black Panther, Ant-man, Symbiote Spidey) and Baloo. before then he was a timed exclusive for the playstation "saga" bundle.

i'm torn on the Light FX figures. it really sucks that they keep releasing (or even announcing) them long after the 'standard' editions come out. at least with the first wave, i knew they would be out in time for Christmas, and i didn't plan on buying anything before then. however, given that three lightsaber wielding characters already come in playset packs (Luke, Anakin and Ahsoka), if you want a 'full' collection, you have to rebuy those characters. well, not Ahsoka, because they didn't create a Light FX version of her (yet). so i only have Vader, Obi-Wan and Yoda, with Kanan to go. they're all really cool, i just wish there were Light FX versions of the playsets to begin with. i would've played a premium to get that.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran

Post by Ran »

We shared ownership between all 3 versions and haven't noticed any point resets. The newer version of the game picks up the character where you had them on the precious version. I don't think the points/level carry over going back a version.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Good to know I was mistaken!

Disneystore.com has a lot of older figures and playset on sale for $8.99 and $19.99 respectively. Not a great deal, but they do have Violet and Syndrome in stock at that price, which is great. Looks like Amazon also has Syndrome at about that price, but Violet is $14.99
Life is short. STUNT IT!