Disney Infinity 2.0 - Marvel Super Heroes

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Disney Infinity 2.0 - Marvel Super Heroes

Post by jjreason »

"Something inside me....."
vynsane
master of the universe

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 - Marvel Super Heroes

Post by vynsane »

wow, that's a lot of characters, wasn't expecting that many. i had previously seen the trailer that showed everything here up until cap caught his shield.

it really sounds like a new game disc is in order for this to work, with talk about "an all-new Toy Box mode that makes it easier for players to create and share their one-of-a-kind levels and mini-games". i'm sort of okay with that, because the controls for "1.0" aren't great, but i'd rather not have to buy a new game. as long as the old hardware works with the new software, i'll be okay, but if we have to buy a new starter pack, that would really piss me off.

so, the trailer leans heavily MCU Avengers-centric, but we also saw MODOK, Loki, Groot, Rocket Racoon, Ultimate Green Goblin and Spider-man in addition to Cap, Nick Fury, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Thor. so that leaves at least 8 characters (of the "more than 20") unaccounted for. not sure if they'll all be superheroes or if we'll see other Disney characters in this go-round.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

One of them had better be motherfucking Sleepwalker.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

And, in case there's any doubt, Sleepwalker is one of the best motherfucking comics of the 1990s.

I'm absolutely serious. Go find the entire series in the quarter bin at your local comic shop; shouldn't cost you more than about five bucks.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

since there's nothing more that kids like today than obscure comic book characters from the 1990's, Sleepwalker's a total lock! :P

i forgot to mention that i finally saw Phineas and Perry the Platypus for the first time today at Target. didn't see Ferb. my daughter is going to flip out for those. she's been clamoring for them since she saw them in the line-up picture on the game's splash screen (even though they weren't available until, apparently, today).
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

I joke about Sleepwalker's appeal in 2014.

I do not joke about how much ass that comic kicked back in the day.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Thank you, Mr. Disney.
CONFIRMED: #DisneyInfinity Figures, Power Discs, and Toy Boxes from the original will be compatible with the 2.0 Edition.
They are supposedly also making a Star Wars set also.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

CONFIRMED: #DisneyInfinity Figures, Power Discs, and Toy Boxes from the original will be compatible with the 2.0 Edition.
this just reinforces my suspicion that it's a new game disc. that's too bad in some ways, but in some other ways it's good that they're upgrading the software.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran

Post by Ran »

The 2.0 edition of Disney Infinity will take players deep into the Marvel Universe with classic characters and original storylines – all while offering players more opportunity for unprecedented freedom and endless possibilities to create new adventures.

In Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes, players will use real-world interactive Marvel figures to activate original storylines (Play Sets) in the virtual game worlds of some of Marvel’s most popular franchises, including The Avengers. In the Play Sets – penned by award-winning Marvel comic writer Brian Michael Bendis – players will be able to take on the role of more than 20 Marvel characters including Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Thor, Hulk and Hawkeye to battle enemies, complete challenging missions, solve puzzles and ultimately save the world from destruction.
http://www.livingmividaloca.com/2014/04 ... arvel.html
Ran

Post by Ran »

Here is the starter pack

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Ugh goddammit. I can't afford any of that, and now I'm gonna want to buy all of it. Buying every little figure will cost you more than buying the actual nextgen console you're playing the fucking game on.

Fuck you, whoever invented Skylanders/Infinity gaming model...
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Money grubbing scum invented it, that's who. I'll be waiting for sales on figures and only buying the ones I like (if I wind up liking any). Don't think anyone here will even care about the game at all.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

jjreason wrote:Don't think anyone here will even care about the game at all.
i do! i was intrigued by the original recipe, and has some fun playing it, but this looks extra crispy and awesome!

at first i was annoyed that there's going to be an entirely new starter set with a new game disc and another power base, but then i figured - the game alone would be $50 or $60 so to buy the 2.0 starter with the game, base and three more figures for $75 (and you know it will come down to $50 around christmas) isn't really that bad, considering the figures sell individually for $13. at least 1.0 figures and power discs will be compatible with the new base/game - but the new game/figures WON'T be compatible with the old base, so you're kinda stuck buying the new starter set anyway.

it kinda sucks, but the only thing i would want to not buy would be the base, anyway.

honestly, the only regret i have is that i don't have enough time to devote to playing it right now.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Sorry, by "here" I meant at my house! :lol:

I knew folks "here vynane here" will be all over the game as well as the toys! :mrgreen:
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

HA, there is nowhere that is "here" other than here.
Life is short. STUNT IT!