Disney Infinity 2.0 - Marvel Super Heroes

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 - Marvel Super Heroes

Post by Ran »

Just saw some game footage. 2-1B is in the game as a non-playable character. If you talk to him, he tells you to have a nice day.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Non-playable?

Fuck that with all the dicks in China.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Well, there is a chance if they do a Frassk playset.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

so no one go out and buy any jedi/sith DI figures yet, because there's a special "LightFX" version of Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, Vader, Luke, and Kanan, coming later in the year, probably close to the November 3 release of the Hulkbuster and Ultron figures along-side the new marvel playset.

meanwhile the digital download of the game is $20 for PS4 and WiiU.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Target has 2 for $20 on figures until tomorrow. Used a $5 gift card plus the red card discount and got Olaf and Minnie for just over $15. We'll give those to the kids for Christmas. We'll probably pick up the Inside Out set for them also. There are a few other figures they want, so we'll see what sales come up.

I should probably do the digital download also. The $20 is also good for PS3. I asked Santa for the OT playset. It doesn't come out until next month. Maybe I'll try to get the special version of Vader.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i'm waiting on everything until the holiday sales. i'm sure the playsets will see some discounts as well as more deals on the figures. and it seems the $20 price for the download is good through the end of the year on WiiU. apparently the download of 2.0 went as low as $11 during a flash sale.

i should take advantage of the target sale to fill in some of the older figures i'm still missing. need Baymax, Hiro, Donald, Aladdin and Jasmine from Originals, and still need Falcon, Loki and Yondu from Marvel. i still need quite a few of the 1.0 figures, too, but i'm not sure if i'll ever fill in those blanks, though they seem to be slowly decreasing in price. you can get the phineas/agent p two-pack for under $20 right now on amazon, and the "villains" 3-pack that includes Davy Jones, Randy and Syndrome is like $28.

also, just found out that the 1.0 edition of the game was made free to download when 2.0 came out - and it's still freely available now! i mean, not a huge benefit if you already have the game, except you don't have to worry about swapping discs.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Last week they teased that they were going to announce more Infinity characters. Much to the disappointment of my kids, it was another Capt. America to go along with Ultron, and Hulk Buster Ironman. Then they announced the Force Awakens figures. Today, some retailer leaked that Antman, Vision, and Black Panther are on their way also.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I have zero interest in the game, but I kind of want to buy some of the Star Wars and Marvel figures. I love the look of them, especially Vader, Han and Chewie.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I think I said before, I really hoped this game would bomb. Nothing against the game itself; I just wanted the figures to go on clearance. I'd love a few of them, especially Vannelope von Schweetz and Violet Parr, but they're overpriced if you're just displaying them.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Which is exactly why I said "kind of."
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Ran

Post by Ran »

For 3.0, they will have variants of some of the Jedi. The difference is that the lightsabers will light up when you put them on the game base. I might get the Vader, but I'm not going to spend the extra money to get Luke. Luke comes with the OT playset.

Toys R Us is selling used figures now. Some of the 1.0 characters are $5. Amazon has some, too.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

TRU also has a bunch of 1.0 characters on sale for $7 (no Violet, but i think Vanellope) and 2.0 characters for $9. power discs for $1.50 a pack.

Target has a cartwheel app coupon for 40% off all playsets, which brings them down to $21.

the LightFX lightsaber figures are going to be $1 more than the 'standard' version MSRP, which isn't bad, but two of them (anakin and luke) are included in playsets, which means if you want the entire collection and the playsets, you have to double-dip. i'm not gonna bite, i'll just get vader, yoda and obi-wan LightFX. maybe kanan if i end up caring about the Rebels characters, but so far i haven't even watched the show so i'm not interested in those.

i'm waiting on the TRON: LEGACY figures, hoping they are part of a second wave of LightFX figures. it's just too perfect for them not to consider it.

the announcement of Second Captain America was pretty disappointing, but that playset isn't out until May of next year so there's plenty of time for more exciting announcements.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

At least the second Captain America is Cap-Wolf, right? Because how could it not be?
Ran

Post by Ran »

I wasn't expecting this much detail in the 2nd Capt America.
https://twitter.com/SmashMiiDarkTJ/stat ... 0655259649
Ran

Post by Ran »

Figures are on sale at Toys R Us. 3.0 figures are 4 for $36. 1.0 and 2.0 figures are 4 for $26. The sale us good now thru Saturday.

We got Mickey, Mulan, 3 Inside Out figures, Chewbacca, Han Solo, and Vader. I won't be getting the light-up Vader now.