LEGO Marvel Superheroes Video Game

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

LEGO Marvel Superheroes Video Game

Post by Newsbot »

LEGO Marvel Superheroes Video Game Press Release

Marvel super heroes are assembling for an action-packed, brick-smashing good time! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games, The LEGO Group and Marvel Entertainment announced today that “LEGO Marvel Super Heroes” will be available beginning Fall 2013 for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, the Wii U system and Windows PC, as well as the Nintendo DS handheld system, Nintendo 3DS handheld system and PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system. “LEGO Marvel Super Heroes” is the first instalment in the highly successful LEGO videogame franchise to feature famous Marvel characters.

“LEGO Marvel Super Heroes,” coming Fall 2013

“LEGO Marvel Super Heroes” complements the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes construction toy collection, which brings the characters, vehicles and action of Marvel’s renowned universe to the world of LEGO build-and-play adventure. There are currently eight iconic scenes from the X-Men, Iron Man and Spider-Man franchises available and more construction sets tied to the new “Iron Man 3″ feature film will launch later this spring.

“LEGO Marvel Super Heroes” offers an original storyline in which Nick Fury calls upon Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine and other heroes spanning the Marvel Universe to save Earth from such threats as the vengeance of Loki and the hunger of Galactus, Devourer of the Worlds. LEGO and Marvel fans will enjoy classic LEGO videogame adventure and humor, while playing as their favorite Marvel characters.

“We’re very excited to bring a myriad of classic Marvel characters to life in LEGO form for some fun, family-friendly gameplay in ‘LEGO Marvel Super Heroes,’” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games Publishing. “Players will brave the ultimate mission to save the world as they explore famous landmarks in LEGO New York and take the adventure beyond Earth to iconic locations in the Marvel Universe.”

“Fans of both LEGO and Marvel have wanted this game for years, and we’re addressing that demand with more Marvel Universe characters than ever in a console game,” said TQ Jefferson, Vice President, Games Production, Marvel Entertainment. “If you’re a fan of Spider-Man, the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy or scores of other Marvel characters, this is the game for you.”

In “LEGO Marvel Super Heroes,” players will unlock more than 100 characters from across the Marvel Universe, including fan favorites like Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Deadpool, Loki and Galactus! The game will pack in a plethora of super-cool character abilities, combat-like action sequences, epic battle scenes, puzzle-solving and a unique story told with playful LEGO humor.

“LEGO Marvel Super Heroes” is being developed by TT Games and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. For more information, please visit http://videogames.lego.com/en-us/lego-m ... per-heroes.
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.
Jargo
christopher walken

Re: LEGO Marvel Superheroes Video Game

Post by Jargo »

I like the part with the Marvel superheroes.
I have never read any of your posts, but from what I can learn I should say that for people who like the kind of posts you deliver, they are just the kind of posts such people like.
Whatevah!
Osculum mihi asinum!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

so, wanted feedback/opinions/experiences related to preorder exclusives.

walmart has a preorder exclusive "Iron Patriot" minifigure. me wantee. but i don't have any of the game consoles this game is being released for, and by the time i do both the console and the game will have reduced in price drastically. has anyone had luck with preordering a game with an exclusive freebie online and returning the game in-store sans freebie? i realize it's shady as fuck, but it's walmart so who cares? thoughts, comments, opinions?
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I'm 99+% sure the return counter person will not know/not give a fuck. Buy it and return away.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I saw a lot of Amazing Spider-Man blu-rays on clearance endcaps at Target, labeled as "Online Item," selling for much more on clearance than the blu-rays in the normal section. It took me a while to figure out that someone had done this same sort of thing, returning the blu-ray from some sort of collector's pack for full credit, and the employee had no idea (and, since the bar code was still the same as the full set, they were marked way the hell up).

Any idea if the figure is packed in with the game, or separate?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Tom Foolery wrote:I'm 99+% sure the return counter person will not know/not give a fuck. Buy it and return away.
good, my moral quandary is completely absolved! W00T!
anarky wrote:I saw a lot of Amazing Spider-Man blu-rays on clearance endcaps at Target, labeled as "Online Item," selling for much more on clearance than the blu-rays in the normal section. It took me a while to figure out that someone had done this same sort of thing, returning the blu-ray from some sort of collector's pack for full credit, and the employee had no idea (and, since the bar code was still the same as the full set, they were marked way the hell up).
weird... so was it just a portion of the online collector's edition that was returned?
Any idea if the figure is packed in with the game, or separate?
it's separate, in fact it's basically the same as your standard polybagged set similar to the voodoo jack sparrow figure that was a similar promo for LEGO PotC. i have to assume it's going to be packaged in addition to the game within the mailer, although that's not the way amazon did it (full extent of that debacle is chronicled over at ToysNBricks, for those interested.)
Life is short. STUNT IT!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

so, i ended up preordering it online and it arrived yesterday... the minifigure is packaged inside a shrinkwrapped cardboard outer box with the game inside, which is NOT shrinkwrapped. someone thought long and hard about this one. oh, well... i may try to return it open saying i didn't realize it wouldn't work in the wii, although if i get a new job in the next month the missus said i can buy a Wii U for Christmas.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Any idea if a Wii port is planned for the future? I have less than no desire to get the WiiU.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i don't think so. pretty sure they've kiboshed all Wii development.

as stated in another topic, i want a Wii U for LEGO City Undercover and Mario Kart 8.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I bought this last weekend and have been immersed it in all week. I'm still only at 28% completion. There's SO much stuff to do.
I think the one big drawback for me is the lack of a stellar soundtrack. The other Lego games Star Wars, Indy, LotR, Pirates all have great scores, even the DC game had great Elfman and Williams scores. But this is pretty forgettable stuff.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”