What games did you buy/play this week?

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: What games did you buy/play this week?

Post by Tom Foolery »

I picked up a used copy of the original Assassin's Creed at GameStop for like $8. I only ever borrowed the first game and never had a chance to get all of the 'cheeves. Plus, I like having the full series on my shelf. And it will be fun to replay the story and pay attention to the dialogue knowing where it's going.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

I started the first one but didn't get hooked on it. I'll have to give it another go.
"Something inside me....."
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

probably the reason i've not been posting here much is the fact that i've been spending every free moment i have on LEGO Marvel Superheroes. it's awesome. in this one, the 'hub' is all of manhattan as well as the helicarrier. i'm at 30.3% completion right now.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I am so goddamn jealous of you right now.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Yeah we have it for PS4, some of the scenes, settings & battles are pretty grand in scale. Really nicely designed game, as most of the lego adventure ones are.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

and some of the bonus levels are downright hilarious. the Stark Tower bonus level, "house party directive," where you have to fix all the stereo equipment that Hulk broke in order to liven up the party is great. and that's how you unlock War Machine.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran

Post by Ran »

We have been playing Disney Infinity. It is basically a Disney version of Skylanders. Most of the characters are either Pixar or from Johnny Depp movies. Then you get power discs that have various powers, tools, or items. Most of the discs are from your basic Disney movies, except for one. Does anyone remember the movie Condorman? you can get his wings for your character.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

we got Disney Infinity this past Xmas. it's really a lot of fun, though i feel like it's a bit limiting right now. i don't understand why there's not a playset for Wreck-It Ralph or Frozen.

i hope we don't need to buy a new game disc when the superheroes are added later this year.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I'm really waiting for the Infinity bubble to burst like the Skylanders seems to have done. Nothing against the game, I just want the Vanellope and Violet figures, but $13 is a bit steep for little statues, no matter how awesome they look.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

anarky wrote:I'm really waiting for the Infinity bubble to burst like the Skylanders seems to have done. Nothing against the game, I just want the Vanellope and Violet figures, but $13 is a bit steep for little statues, no matter how awesome they look.
It is coming. A couple weeks ago, Target had the starter kit for $40 and buy 2 get 1 free on the figures/accessories.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The boy wanted a new game to play an I didn't feel like spending a bunch, so he picked out Minecraft for the 360.
Uhmmm...why is this game a monster hit? I guess the horrible graphics are ironic? But the gameplay is tediously repetitive.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Minecraft drives me fucking batty - Tom plays it like it's his full time job. He has sucked me in to playing with him a few times, but I also find it horribly boring. He can sit there and build fucking monumentus shit that takes hours & hours, then just delete it all like it ain't no thang. Unreal.

EDITED: Forgot to mention we both played the Destiny beta for a couple of hours. This is Bungie's follow-up to Halo in case anyone hasn't heard - it was fine. I'm not huge on FPS games so it seemed normal to me for that genre, but the graphics were pretty tidy on PS4.
Ran

Post by Ran »

My kids have it for the PS3. I don't quite get it. But, they managed to build our house, including a secret passageway between their bedrooms.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

jjreason wrote:He can sit there and build fucking monumentus shit that takes hours & hours, then just delete it all like it ain't no thang. Unreal.
your kid's a digital zen mystic. he knows the secret of being okay with impermanence.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran

Post by Ran »

My kids got me to play Minecraft with them. Kind of cool, but kind of boring.

For Christmas, I got the Spiderman set for Disney Infinity 2. We finished the story mode in a couple days, but we still have to go back and do the side missions etc.

I don't care what Kate Upton's boobs say. I'm not trying Game of War.