What games did you buy/play this week?

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Zaphod
knightrider
Location: CHESTER A. ARTHUR'S WIFE'S VAGINA... WITH THE VINEGAR, BABY!

Re: What games did you buy/play this week?

Post by Zaphod »

i have not played skylanders.

i prefer sex with females to the sex with males that you both obviously crave.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Speaking of scams, I went into TRU to find a single packed Skylanders figure. They're having a 'Buy 1 Get One 25% off' sale.
Except they jacked up the price from $7.99 to $9.99!!
So instead of paying the $16 for two you would at regular price, you're getting a 'deal' of $17.50!!!
Wow. Fuck you, TRU.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

TRU's notorious for that.

But not as bad as Best Buy. They'll advertise something, specify it's limited to stock on hand, and actually remove it from the shelves before opening on Sunday morning. Then restock it the next Sunday morning when the sale's over.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Isn't that illegal? Well, for Best Buy anyway, like a form of bait and switch?
In the case of TRU, its just a dick move.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

After an intense day of playing (we took a few breaks to go to the comic shop, watch A-Team, and eat meals) we finished the game. Not all the side missions, but we defeated Kaos and saved Skyland. Then I told them when they go back to their Mom's they'll have to start all over. Tee hee.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Diabolical wrote:Isn't that illegal? Well, for Best Buy anyway, like a form of bait and switch?
In the case of TRU, its just a dick move.
There was something on the news right before Christmas on how just a couple days before Best Buy cancelled a ton or orders from Black Friday. It basically went on to say that Best Buy are a bunch of douche bags and that their sales are starting to suffer because of it.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

That's why I miss Circuit City. Every time I say that, someone responds, "But Circuit City sucked!" While it's true that most Circuit Cities did, indeed, suck, and outsuck Best Buy most of the time, their existence kept Best Buy competitive.

Now Best Buy has become a joke. I used to go at least once every two weeks. Now there's one I could walk to, and it's beside a Ross I go to constantly to look for Joes. I've gone into that Best Buy exactly twice in the last year. And bought something once, a pre-planned sale Wii game that Amazon price-matched but ran out of.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

EP we have the machine fully built now & have just the final assault on Kaos' lair before us. Should be done after one more tandem-session with me providing the extra firepower. :lol:
"Something inside me....."
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Dead Island.
Pretty good so far. Great detail and size in the environments and there are like 5 or 6 main types of zombies (even though they are fairly cookie cutter with minor differences).
I didn't realize it was a first person game, but no biggie, still good.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Diabolical wrote:Dead Island.
Pretty good so far. Great detail and size in the environments and there are like 5 or 6 main types of zombies (even though they are fairly cookie cutter with minor differences).
I didn't realize it was a first person game, but no biggie, still good.
My daughter has been bugging me incessantly to get that game. I keep telling her no because I friggin' DETEST zombie games. Now that I know it's FPS it's even higher on my "Do Not Buy" list. But, the environment from the commercials do look nice. It's too bad they can't make a Game on an island resort minus the zombies that you can just explore.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Bah, we've flopped on the assault on Kaos so far. I think we need to level all the characters to lvl 10 before we go again - they're getting pulverized by making the most minor mistakes. ><
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

I'm playing Duke Nukem Forever on PC. Its a decent update, but kind of weird playing such a linear game after playing all of the Grand Theft Autos and other sandbox type games.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I bought Zelda back in Mid-May. Because of work/school, I've only played on weekends and a few weeknights. I'm at the final battle.

This weekend, I got the first Batman game for PS3. Just started playing it. Its ok. Very linear and I don't like the level layouts. Way too many vents to crawl through.
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

I started playing L.A.Noire again to try for all the achievements. I initially played it in May of last year and finished the main story line.
This time(with the help of the Internet) I went back and found all 95 vehicles, all 50 Hidden Film Reels, and finished off the few remaining Street Crimes I was missing as well as the 30 Landmarks. Also the 'Moose' and 'Hunch' cheeves. And the 'Roscoe' cheeve. Which I couldn't figure out because I thought I hadn't killed anyone with a flamethrower. But after I did that on the last mission in the sewer, it still didn't pop up. Then I realized I had never actually killed a bad guy with my service revolver while I was still a beat cop. So I went back and replayed that real quick and BING!
Since it was my second play through, I knew the overall storyline and caught more of the subtle back story threaded through the game.
I now have the 1000 Points from the original game, but it doesn't count it as completed because all of the stupid DLC Achievements are on there as well. So instead of 40/40 I'm 40/60. Grrrr.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
Ran

Post by Ran »

I've been playing GI Joe Battleground on my phone. Not sure why it is holding my attention, but it is. If you want to play, my code is LPaRsC

http://www.gijoebattleground.com/