What games did you buy/play this week?

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

vynsane
master of the universe

Re: What games did you buy/play this week?

Post by vynsane »

Been playing the shit out of Infinity 2.0. Got the starter from my brother-in-law in the secret Santa on that side of the family, then Santa brought me and my daughter the GotG playset and Stitch and Merida. Then my mom got me the Spider-man playset, Venom, Hulk, Groot, Rocket and a duplicate of GotG in my family's secret Santa. I have Iron Man leveled up to 11 with a ton of powerups.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

Have you bought power discs at all? We bought a bunch at TRU for both 1.0 and 2.0 recently since they were on sale. Now we have a bunch of duplicates and I'm looking to trade.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i went looking for some after work today and target was all sold out. didn't want to check anywhere else at the time. i would definitely be interested in trading if/when i get any.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran

Post by Ran »

I didn't use to collect the cards, but now I do. Topps came up with a virtual Star Wars card collection app. You get free "credits" every day that you use to buy packs. Of couese, You can pay actual money to get more credits. It lets you trade cards as well. It is all the frustration of card collection without spending money or any clutter.Join me in Topps Card Trader. Here is the link.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Quack uses it.

I tried but it kept crashing on my phone.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Ran wrote:Have you bought power discs at all? We bought a bunch at TRU for both 1.0 and 2.0 recently since they were on sale. Now we have a bunch of duplicates and I'm looking to trade.
what dupes do you have? i'll look through mine and maybe we can figure something out.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran

Post by Ran »

The good news is that 3.0 won't have blind packs. You get a clear pack (themed) that has 4 discs for $10. The bad news is that we've bought a bunch of 1.0 and 2.0 packs as they go on sale and I have a ton of these damn things.

http://disneyinfinity.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Discs

Infinity 2.0 Disney
Rags to Riches (Aladdin costume)
Sandy Clawz (Jack Skellington costume)
Maleficent’s Spell Cast
Gus the Mule
Alice in Wonderland's Caterpillar
Honey Lemon's Ice Capsules
Mr. Toad's Car
Sergeant Calhoun's Blaster
Gravity Falls Forest
Aladdin's Magic Carpet

Infinity 2.0 Marvel
Odin's Horse
Spider Glider

Infinity 1.0 Series 1
C.H.R.O.M.E. Armor Shield
Pieces of Eight
Stitch's Blaster
Marlin's Reef
Rapunzel's Birthday Sky
Rapunzel's Kingdom
Alice's Wonderland
Tulgey Wood
Sugar Rush Sky
King Candy's Dessert Toppings

Infinity 1.0 Series 2
Condorman Glider
User Control
Ralph's Power of Destruction
Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Damage-Inator!
Electro-Charge
Hangin' Ten Stitch With Surfboard
Pizza Planet Delivery Truck
Halloween Town Sky
Maximus
Chill in the Air
Frozen Flourish
New Holland Sky
Victor's Experiments

Infinity 1.0 Series 3
Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Damage-Inator!
Tri-State Area Terrain

Infinity 1.0 TRU Exclusive
On the Grid
Ran

Post by Ran »

Thought about putting this in music, but didn't see a thread that made sense.

https://binb.co/

They play a clip of music and you type in the song and artist to get points. 15 songs per round. It kept me entertained for a while. "Oldies" isn't exactly what I would call oldies. It covers the 60s-90s.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Ran wrote:Thought about putting this in music, but didn't see a thread that made sense.

https://binb.co/

They play a clip of music and you type in the song and artist to get points. 15 songs per round. It kept me entertained for a while. "Oldies" isn't exactly what I would call oldies. It covers the 60s-90s.
In case you're wondering, I fucking hate you.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

I don't blame you one bit. I'll punch myself in the nuts right after this next game. Or maybe the one after that.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I got Grand Theft Auto V last week. Its pretty cool that it jumps between a few characters that each have their own storyline. Haven't played online yet.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I played this thing called World of Warcraft for about 40hrs last week. Again.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

jjreason wrote:Minecraft drives me fucking batty - Tom plays it like it's his full time job. He has sucked me in to playing with him a few times, but I also find it horribly boring. He can sit there and build fucking monumentus shit that takes hours & hours, then just delete it all like it ain't no thang. Unreal.
Final episode of season 3 of Rick & Morty, Morty is trying to get Rick to play Mincecraft with him.
Rick goes "So you mine stuff to craft things. And then craft stuff so you can mine things?"
I fucking lost it. I was laughing so hard because i find Minecraft so fucking repetitive and boring.
I was watching it with my GF and both my kids, and they all LOVE Minecraft and play it with each other on a server together. They were giving me such a stink eye because I was laughing so hard.
But that's exactly what it is.
Later on Rick made another crack about storing wood in a chest so he'd have wood later on to make chests. I fucking love this show.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

We were looking for something "new" to play last week and I mentioned I hadn't played Super Mario 64 in a long time, and it'd be a hoot to go back a replay it. So we looked at the WiiU digital offerings and downloaded it last week. We decided to attempt to 100% the game and get all 120 stars.

It has been more than twenty years since I played it last and maybe I'm remembering it thru rose colored glasses, but I swear to god I've never raged against a game so hard in my life. The "camera" constantly shifts to find the worst angle possible. At one point, I closed my eyes because after attempting the same challenge fifty times and falling off because of the shitty camera. I knew what I had to jump, jump, backflip, turn, etc, but the camera kept reorienting me and I'd have to take a second to adjust and then the timing was off and I'd have to start over. So I closed my eyes, did the button mashing using the force and got up on the platform.

It's been nostalgic fun playing, taking turns with the family, but I swear it's a miracle the WiiU pad isn't imbedded in the flatscreen.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Super Mario 64 was glorious. I remember the camera being wonky at times. I had to look at a guide to get the last 2 stars - one I recall was a timed ice slide situation and I hadn't been fast enough - and that opened the cage to the last one or something. I'm not sure if I'd like to play it now or not. Maybe just a quick dabble for 30 min.
"Something inside me....."