Arkham Asylum/Arkham City

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Arkham Asylum/Arkham City

Post by Diabolical »

Rollo Tomassi wrote:I just. Finished. The Game.

Holy. Shit.

I seriously got choked up.

And then getting one last phone call during the credits. Wow. I'll never think of Patsy Cline's "Only You" the same way again.
Holy shit...have you slept in the last couple of days?

Yeah, that ending is pretty fucking amazing.

My next thought after finishing the game was...what're they gonna do next?
Then I played the side missions and got a few possible clues.

This video is not a spoiler unless you read the comments.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I finished up Mystery Boy's side mission. I was kinda hoping to fight him. Darn.
I finished Zsasz. And Deadshot. I found Freeze's wife for him. I'm half finished with the serial killer, which I'm assuming turns out to be Hush.
Other than that, I've just been running around soon Riddler stuff. Some of them, I was smacking my head on. Like I went to rescue the first hostage, and I must've went back there six times during the main story, and it never occurred to me to just walk up and check out the Question Mark on the wall. I X-Rayed it, and froze it and threw bombs at it. The same with those metal globes in the magnet cages. I was pushing them through fine, but when it got to the end, I was trying to blow open the lock, or use the radio jammer. All sorts of shite. Nope, just walk up and press 'A'.

I thought the Riddler Clue "What walks in with six legs and leaves with two. Where am I?" was pretty cold blooded once I figured out where it was. I was like "Dammmnnn" and started laughing.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I have 405 out of 440 Riddler challenges, leaving me with 35. 20 of those are Physical Challenges so I'm not so worried about them. But of the 15 that are left, some of them have me completely stumped.
1 left in Park Row. it's one of the magnet spheres, but I have no idea how to access the generator which is encased in fencing under more fencing surrounded by water.
4 left in Amusement Mile. The one right outside the GCPD building in that little shack is stumping me.
4 left in Industrial. One is the Security Hub. One is the one where you powerdive to get the arrows to go up the wall. The third is trying to hit the three targets on the sides of the smokestacks, which I'm avoiding. The ones that has me flummoxed is the one where you have to hit three QMarks before the shield doors shut.
2 left in the Subway. Both are in the long abandoned subway cars.
3 left in the Bowery. Two are wall targets, which I understand the mechanics of, but don't have the patience or skill yet. The one that's stumping me is the one with three QMarks and the two fences pop and close them off when you stand on the pressure switch.
And 1 left in Wonder City. It's the very first one through the door. It's above me and there's destroyable wood planking covering it and I have no idea how to get rid of the planking since it won't let you bomb stuff above you.
The Museum and Steel Mill are finished. And I've done all of them without looking online.
Also, since I just got 400 Riddles, I'm off to defeat Riddler and save the last Hostage. Who I'm assuming is Aaron Cash. Which means Killer Croc will be involved somehow. But that's for tomorrow.

EDIT. I figured out the last Wonder City, and the Bowery one I was stumped on. But seriously, I'm turning it off now.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I'm down to the last two Riddler Trophies. Both are in Amusement Mile. Now, the one is the three pressure sensors directly under the cranes. I understand what I have to do but the stupid butthead Dark Knight keeps landing on the chain link fences instead of the sensors.
The other one I think is glitched and I'm fucked on. It's the magnet sphere under the fence. I understand that you have to make a floating ice patch and then zip line over to it, but even then shooting the generator with electricity once I'm down there doesn't do anything.
I also need one last CW Trophy. Which is the one where you do both her special combat moves in the same combo chain. Ugh. I have enough trouble string together enough of hers for ONE, let alone not breaking the chain and getting BOTH.
By the way, I got the final 7 Physical Challenge Trophies I needed in the same fight. I wish I could've recorded that fight. It was fucking awesome. They should put that in the next version, like they have instant replay on Madden. Watching Batman fights in slo-mo from any angle you wanted? Bitchin.

So, can I start Story+ in a new save slot or do I have to do it in this one?
Im leery of starting it after DB said Fuck You to it. Is it super difficult?
EDIT Ohmigawd, Fuck You is right. I got as far as the inside of the Courthouse before my hands were sore from button mashing.
By the way, on the second run through of the beginning of the game, I realized A. The guards are beating the shit out of Black Mask over in the corner after his escape attempt and B. The inmate that says your on his list is Floyd Lawton AKA Deadshot without his costume on. He gets in your face right while you're in Line A before they send you out into the city. Also, after you beat up Penguin's thugs in the alley before you even put on the Batsuit, Penguin is cowering over by the gate. I went over and slugged him. ha ha!
Also, did you ever go back and talk with Penguin, Bane, Freeze etc as Catwoman? She has unique dialogue with all of them.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Rollo Tomassi wrote:I'm down to the last two Riddler Trophies. Both are in Amusement Mile. Now, the one is the three pressure sensors directly under the cranes. I understand what I have to do but the stupid butthead Dark Knight keeps landing on the chain link fences instead of the sensors.
That was kind of a bitch, but I got it after a while. The toughest for me was the the 6 switches, 3 on top and 3 on bottom, where you have to blow up 3 while you run and batarang the other 3 before time runs out.
The other one I think is glitched and I'm fucked on. It's the magnet sphere under the fence. I understand that you have to make a floating ice patch and then zip line over to it, but even then shooting the generator with electricity once I'm down there doesn't do anything.
Not sure I remember that one. Youtube it. I had to for a small handful of them.
I also need one last CW Trophy. Which is the one where you do both her special combat moves in the same combo chain. Ugh. I have enough trouble string together enough of hers for ONE, let alone not breaking the chain and getting BOTH.
That one was a motherfucker. I would always get one move in before it said my combo stream ran out or some jackass would get a lucky punch in. But eventually I got that one too.
So, can I start Story+ in a new save slot or do I have to do it in this one?
Im leery of starting it after DB said Fuck You to it. Is it super difficult?
EDIT Ohmigawd, Fuck You is right. I got as far as the inside of the Courthouse before my hands were sore from button mashing.
Told you. lol
By the way, on the second run through of the beginning of the game, I realized A. The guards are beating the shit out of Black Mask over in the corner after his escape attempt and B. The inmate that says your on his list is Floyd Lawton AKA Deadshot without his costume on. He gets in your face right while you're in Line A before they send you out into the city. Also, after you beat up Penguin's thugs in the alley before you even put on the Batsuit, Penguin is cowering over by the gate. I went over and slugged him. ha ha!
I didn't see the Black Mask bit. Where was that?
And I didn't know enough about Deadshot to know that was him. Cool.

Did you buy/download any of the alternate costumes? Its pretty badass to play as Animated Batman (and Year One and DKR).
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I didn't buy any extra skins. Although it sounds cool, I don't feel like payin extra to play a game I already paid for.

The Black Mask thing is at the VERY start. After you knock over your chair then sucker punch the guard, you walk out into the very first corral area. To your right, two guards are beating the shit out of a prisoner while a third guard watches. If you walk over there, it's Black Mask getting a beatdown. Later on, if you read all the collectible background stories, you know he's the only person to successfully break out of Arkham City. Then he got caught and sent back, so that's why they're beating him.
So that's a cool cameo. Write him down as a potential character boss in the third game. Between him, Hush, and Az you've got the makings of third game. I think having Jason Todd as the Red Hood show up would be cool as well. Especially since you could eff with people's expectations on who the Red Hood was at the beginning of the game. Scarecrow is also still running around somewhere.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Plus, the inevitable return of Joker. There's no way they'll do another without him.

Other cool Easter Eggs:

Where you see Harley's old costume on the mannequin, there is a positive pregnancy test on the ground (plus, at one point in the credits she is heard singing a lullaby (but I don't remember hearing that, saw it on a youtube video).

Killer Croc has a brief cameo in the sewer, near the spot where climb out through the big hole in the ground.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Yeah, I missed the Croc cameo but watched it on YouTube.
I also found Scarecrow' hidden room on the boat under the cranes.
I saw Leslie Thompkin's Medical Clinic on a sign over by Poison Ivy's lair, but I don't think you can do anything in it.
I found the 3 "numbers" transmissions on the radio. But the first one I tried to decode was the gibberish one, so I didn't bother with the others. Checked online and saw they're coded messages from Scarecrow.
I also went back and played the Catwan level where she has to make the choice, and made the other choice.
Oh, and I got the last 3 Trophies. Including the Last Catwoman one. And I recovered all her loot from the thugs. Now I only have to do one more AR challenge. it's the one in Industrial where you have to sail through the tunnel.

I think they could Bring back Joker ala Saw with some prerecorded death trap messages to fuck with Batman. But I'd hate for them to ruin the ending for the sake of a new game.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I don't suppose there's a lanky vigilante clad in dark red and wearing a golden mask defending the city with a taser staff, is there?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Sadly, there is not. He's one of the very, very few of Batman's Rogues to get a nod.

But I hold out hope for the sequel. Since they're down about six by the time this one is over.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

How 'bout a short, fat, balding, guy with glasses who communicates by way of a puppet?

Or a flamboyant ginger with goofy glasses who sings hypnotizing showtunes?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

The puppet has been in both games. Mssr. Wesker has not, except by mention. In Arkham Asylum, Joker was using the puppet as his own. In this game, Penguin has the puppet in one of his display cases in the Cyrus Pickney Natural History Museum that he's using as his headquarters. If you go up to the display case and press 'A', Scarface dances for you.

Louie the Lilac is in there. Although he's just wearing a regular prison jumpsuit. And he doesn't actually say he's Louie because Batman punches the fuck out of him and a dozen other guys before he had a chance to open his mouth. But I'm pretty sure it was him. He went down like a sack of bitches. :lol:
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Rollo Tomassi wrote: Now I only have to do one more AR challenge. it's the one in Industrial where you have to sail through the tunnel.
That was the very last thing I had to do to 100% finish the story mode.
Rollo Tomassi wrote:I think they could Bring back Joker ala Saw with some prerecorded death trap messages to fuck with Batman. But I'd hate for them to ruin the ending for the sake of a new game.
Crazy, but I had the exact same thought. And I figured Harley could be the one pulling the strings for Joker, since the last time we see her (besides the death cut scenes) is tied up in the factory.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I started up Story+ again. I beat TwoFaces thugs in the Courthouse. Then I got to the Church and beat those guys easily. Then Joker blows up the bell tower. After that I made it to the Steel Mill, went down through the stack. It took me a few tries to beat the first group in the big room that Joker's office overlooks. I went and saved the Lady Doctor easily by being sneaky and doing lots of inverted takedowns. Then I went back to the main room and it took me about six tries to beat the big one armed fucker with the hammer and all his goons. I did it by jacking him with the electro gun and he takes out most I his own guys for you. Then Joker jumps you and it cuts back to Catwoman.

So now I'm stuck in Ivy's lair trying to beat up all her thugs. Which is difficult to get through without 'dying'. And then you have to start all over. All of that (from the beginning of the game to Batman getting jumped) is only 7% of the Game so far.

I'm paying more attention to everyone's dialogue this time, like Joker's thugs. They're kinda givin you a clue as to the 'twist' if you're paying attention.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I'm working on Arkham Asylum. Just made it past Croc's lair.

I'm not up to date on Batman. The "Oracle" Batman keeps talking to is Barbara Gordon, who is Commissioner Gordon's daughter....and Batgirl, right? I didn't know she knew Batman's identity.