Arkham Asylum/Arkham City

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Arkham Asylum/Arkham City

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Congrats! I'm kinda jealous you get to play the first game for the first time.

PS. The Poison Ivy boss level is a bitch. It's harder than the finale.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Let me guess: you have to fuck her. :beard:
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

So I finished the story mode of Arkham City.
Very satisfying story and a few surprises.

I didn't like that a certain someone only had a small cameo. I guess they are saving that person for game #3, and I hoped another certain someone would appear but didn't.

When I finished the story mode I was at 39% overall completion, so I still have plenty left to do.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Hey Reason, you played either Batman game yet?

In Arkham City, I'm at 65% now, with about 55/400 Riddler Trophies to go (and those ones will be a bitch).
I need only 1 more Catwoman Riddler Trophy (which I can't find, dammit) before I get 100% for her.
I'm assuming that most of the remaining 35% is the dumb Riddler Challanges.

I also discovered that when you replay Catwoman's story you can use the Animated Series or Long Halloween skins for her. Awesome.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I think I am (sadly) ruined on console games. I was excited about the Batman games for all of about 3 days & haven't touched them since. :(
"Something inside me....."
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

After taking about 2 weeks off out of frustration, I picked up Arkham City again and I can proudly say that I have 100% of the main game completed - every Riddler trophy, physical challenge, AR training and whatever else.
And I only had to use the internet for the last handful of trophies, because I had no fucking clue how to do them.

Even with the main game complete, I'm still at 72% because of the fucking Riddler Challanges bullshit outside the main game.

There is some great stuff in the extra stuff, especially in the side missions, including one hell of a tease for a third game.

Now I think I want to go back and get the rest of the trophies in Arkham Asylum.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Oh, and "Story +" mode, fuck you.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

The alternate skins for Batman were released a week or so ago and they are sweet: Animated, Year One, Dark Knight Returns, 70's, Sinestro Corps, Earth One and Batman Beyond (like the pic on the first page of this thread) - all for only $5. It is awesome, but it also sucked because you can't use them in the main story mode, as they were only usable after you finish.

But now we have this:
A Thank You from Batman: Arkham City!
December 20, 2011

Hi all,

We have had an amazing release of Batman: Arkham City and we wanted to thank you all for your incredible support before, during and after the game's release.

As a token to our appreciation, we'll be offering a brand new, totally super sweet, Batman Inc. Batsuit skin absolutely free!

You will be able to download the skin tomorrow from Xbox Live Marketplace, PlayStation Network and Games for Windows Marketplace. We'll be sure to let everyone know exactly when the skin are available.

We also know you want to deliver justice on the streets of Gotham as Batman in your favorite skin, any time and all the time. So using the below cheat, you can select any alternative Batman skin and play them in the main game, without having to complete the full game.

To unlock this, simply press the following combination on the Main Menu screen (after you have selected your save slot):

- Left, Left, Down, Down, Left, Left, Right, Up, Up, Down.

You will get an audio confirmation and when you continue your game, you will get the option to select your favorite skin.

Thank you again for your amazing support and have a great holiday!

Sefton Hill - Game Director - Rocksteady Studios
Awesome!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Also, as a wishlist thing, I want a Batman movie skins download:
West, Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney and Bale versions.
Running through Arkham City as Adam West Batman would be hilariously awesome.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Holy shit!! Azrael!! That was fuckin' cool! Okay. Back to the game now.
PS Some of these Riddler challenges are beyond difficult. I don't know if I'm gonna get 100% on those unless the controls become magically less clumsy further in the game.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Rollo Tomassi wrote:Holy shit!! Azrael!! That was fuckin' cool! Okay. Back to the game now.
Did you finish that whole side mission, or just the first part? I only did the side missions if I stumbled upon them and finished them all up after the main story.
Rollo Tomassi wrote:PS Some of these Riddler challenges are beyond difficult. I don't know if I'm gonna get 100% on those unless the controls become magically less clumsy further in the game.
The more I played the more I got used to the controls...except for the quick use weapons.
I had a bitch of a time with the last 10% or so of the Riddler trophies and ended up using youtube to see how to do them. Some of them still took a while to do.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

This game is so fucking epic, I can't even explain. Chris Nolan who? The music score is stellar. The number of characters in the game is crazy! I'm about 2/3rds done with the story and I've already beat up Solomon Grundy, Râ's Al Gul, and punched a shark in the face! That's right bitches, Batman beats up sharks in this game!! And all the crazy shit hasnt even happened yet. I finally had to call it a night after I beat up the Joker and then he dropped a building on me and Talia comes to my rescue, then it switched back to the Catwoman and Ivy story. Im almost done with the Bane stuff, except every time I started heading back to his lair, I got sidetracked with five other missions. DB, I'm not actually searching him out and only ran across him twice. The first time on top of the ferris wheel, and the second was right after I saved Vicki Vale from the snipers when Joker shot down her Newscopter. They showed the Mad Hatter for a second, do as soon as the cutscene with Vale ended I looked at the rooftops with the intent of finding Hatter and found mystery boy instead. I'm also trying to track down Zsasz whenever I come across a ringing phone, but some of those are real bitches. Traverse the entire city in 90 seconds? Yeah. Okay.

But seriously, I have no idea how they're going to top this.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Rollo Tomassi wrote:Chris Nolan who?
Thats because Dini + Conroy > Nolan + Bale
Rollo Tomassi wrote:I'm also trying to track down Zsasz whenever I come across a ringing phone, but some of those are real bitches. Traverse the entire city in 90 seconds? Yeah. Okay.
It gets much easier once you finish the first set of the those shitty AR missions, if you haven't done so yet.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I did a couple of those AR missions. The place where I Really learned to utilize the dive capabilities was chasing Râ's in that 'desert' area.

I've also had a much easier time once I inverted control on the remote batarang. Flinging it through an electric charge and then guiding it through a building is becoming one of the funner challenges in the game.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I just. Finished. The Game.

Holy. Shit.

I seriously got choked up.

And then getting one last phone call during the credits. Wow. I'll never think of Patsy Cline's "Only You" the same way again.