So, um, it's been 3 years.

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: So, um, it's been 3 years.

Post by mabudon »

Well, first off, it is good to have you back man.

I am pretty sure that things will get easier as the days go by, you know how these things are. Since you have seen me in action of late, you know that I am not a good source of advice HAHA but as always I will be around should you ever need some kind of ridiculous distraction :ducks:
Vince, NO!!!!!

I just ripped off most of your pubes!!
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Mabs you silly bugger, I keep trying to get ahold of you and you're dodging me like I'm a cop or something. :P

And no, I don't plan on giving you shit or counseling you if that's what you're worried about. :lol: Just want to make sure you're settled & ok.
"Something inside me....."
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

okay, but what about her side of the story? you say she's not been in the best of health - were you taking some of the burden off of her in the meals/laundry/child-rearing department before doing virtual chores? i mean, those 3-4 hours a night of virtual chores could've been a lot of ACTUAL chores - which i agree are mundane, but only comparatively to being able to do mithril laundry with your vorpal sword (or whatever the virtual chores are, i don't really get it).

that said, this was published at about the 2-year mark of your 3-year WoW stint:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5- ... icted.html
Life is short. STUNT IT!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Holy fuck, that's exactly right. It's exactly right. I was referencing the right experiments but got the name wrong - SKINNER, not FISHER. The fact that they nefariously plan for this to happen to us (me) is of no surprise. I'll actually see if Jodi wants to read that.

And as far as the jobs around the house go, she's always done more than me, but she only works part time, and some weeks not at all. I have my jobs, garbage & recycling, that I kept up with to go along with the mowing of the grass or shoveling of the snow. Her health issues have been nagging - she's had vertigo off & on with headaches so she's been through the full Canadian ringer of visits with doctors, tests, etc. They've settled on keeping her hormones on an even keel which seems to have helped some, and they got her to knock right off the tylenol and advil, which when over-used can cause some pretty bad symptoms on their own.....

.... so yeah, could I have done more? Likely.... but who among us (that is living with a partner) can honestly say there isn't anything else chore-wise they could have done over the past few weeks? Someone who's pretty god damned resentful I'm guessing.

Oh, and if anyone cares for any insight into the daily keepings of a WoW character - they DON'T use the degradation factor. My guy will have the same shit and same money as he had when I left if I log back in tomorrow, 2 weeks from now or next year. The stuff you do daily to gain money is NOT virtual vacuuming lol, you have professions you can use to sell people crafted items (weapons, armor) that help them. You have repeatable "daily quests" to go and gather or kill stuff that pay you a few gold pieces for doing them, but they don't take much time so you can bang off your allotment of 25 per day in about an hour, give or take. They even have an auction house which makes the economy on your server much more interesting - just how little are you willing to accept for that piece of armor which cost you 1500 gold to make? With 2000-3000 players on each server, you have some stiff competition (though not all of them have the same jobs - there are many primary professions of which you can only ever know 2 at a time - certain professions benefit certain classes - tailoring for cloth armor wearing mages, blacksmithing for plate armor wearing warriors if you catch my drift).

Oh, and in case anyone read that article closely, I had all 5 pcs of tier 10 armor, complete with matching off-set pieces. It looked fucking awesome.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

So my first week quitting and they drop a content update on Tuesday - 2 new areas full of all-new loot. Feeling sick about not playing, reading the game forums to hear about how it's going, watching other guilds raid movies through Youtube or, even better, live as they happen on Justintv. Sigh.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

In the "Point One" issue of Avengers, Steve Rogers is flummoxed by the existence of S.W.O.R.D. and Beast's admittance that he's actually an agent of SWORD. Which prompts Rogers to ask if anyone else on the team is also part of any covert government ops he doesn't know about. To which Spidey quips he's a level 27 World of Warcraft something or other.

Now I know hardly anything about WoW, but if Spider-Man is on not one, but TWO Avengers teams, is also in the newly formed Future Foundation, not to mention his new job with Horizon Labs, and finally his own adventures in his twice monthly title, as well as any mini series and guest shots in other books he might have. I'm wondering does this guy have any time whatsoever to be playing World of Warcraft? And be at level 27? I don't think the guy has enough time to sleep eight hours a night, let alone spend time on the internet.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

That reminds me of the recent Cracked article about how TV and movie writers show their ignorance of technology, and there's a guy who has "the high score" on all the MMO games.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I could have a new character to level 27 within 6hrs of starting him/her. :(
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

jjreason wrote:I could have a new character to level 27 within 6hrs of starting him/her. :(
Okay, so Spidey probably had at least six hours of free time since WoW started. I wasn't sure if the 27th level was an accomplishment or not.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Doesn't it max out at 80? My brother-in-law's tried repeatedly to get me to play. I've watched him, but haven't dared touch it.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

It's at 85 now since the Cataclysm expansion last December, but you're not too far behind :)
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Here's the obvious fix - get tossed in jail in China!

http://tech.ca.msn.com/chinese-prisoner ... warcraft-1