Lego Pirates of the Caribbean

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Lego Pirates of the Caribbean

Post by Diabolical »

Ran wrote:I never got into the Princess Leia thing. For some reason I always associated her with my mom.
Weird, the reason I'm into the whole Princess Leia thing is because she reminds me of your mom.

ZING!
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Ugh. Set myself up for a mother joke. I'm going to quit posting in this thread now.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Maybe if you do, the rest of us will stop posting in your mom.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I know that Princess Leia in a metal bikini and a healthy dose of Daisy Duke thrown in are the reason I have a midriff thing.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i know that princess leia in a metal bikini and a healthy dose of daisy duke thrown in are the reason i have hair in places i used to not have hair, and funny feelings in my groin.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I don't think you can blame your hairy back on Princess Leia.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i pre-ordered this with amazon to get the $10 credit and the 'exclusive' jack sparrow pre-order minifigure. they said it shipped, but the price is still $49.99 even though the price dropped to $47.99 before it shipped. i know, big deal, but hey, if they're going to offer a pre-order price guarantee that you get the lowest price between the point that you pre-order and the moment it ships, i'm going to damn well get my $2. i feel like the kid from 'better off dead'.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

They do that all the time. In about 2-3 days, you'll get an e-mail and refund.

Dunno why they do it that way. Seems like more hassle than it's worth for them.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Damn but they're cranking these out. We still don't have Indy part II (which, in fact, might be a pass) OR Clone Wars (which is a get, but not until Tom's b-day next month), and Pirates is headed to shore. It's good news, but I don't know how quickly I'll be grabbing this one.
"Something inside me....."
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

anarky wrote:They do that all the time. In about 2-3 days, you'll get an e-mail and refund.

Dunno why they do it that way. Seems like more hassle than it's worth for them.
they did. they've also said they'll refund the shipping on the free jack sparrow minifigure that was part of the pre-order promotion if i don't buy enough to get free super-saver shipping. i'm still on the fence whether or not to use the $10 credit i got for pre-ordering now. it's pretty stupid - every other retail establishment that had the minifigure offer actually included the minifigure with the product, but amazon has you go through hoops to order it with a $2.99 credit, thereby making it a separate transaction. i smell a cheap ploy to get people to order more from them in order to get free shipping.
jjreason wrote:Damn but they're cranking these out. We still don't have Indy part II (which, in fact, might be a pass) OR Clone Wars (which is a get, but not until Tom's b-day next month), and Pirates is headed to shore. It's good news, but I don't know how quickly I'll be grabbing this one.
yeah, i have three now that i'm in various stages of playing through - harry potter, LSW3:CW and now LPotC. in fact, i don't think i even finished LIJ2. so far, i think i have every LEGO video game offered for a console system (none of the hand-held games, as the last hand-held game player i had was the original gameboy!) - both LSW and LSW2 for gamecube, and everything else for the wii.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

We're PS3 all the way around, with an extra copy of Lego Star Wars complete saga for the DSi.
"Something inside me....."
anarky

Post by anarky »

These things drop in price so quickly. I just got HP1 in the mail yesterday and paid $16 for it. At least SW3 will be in that range by Christmas. Likely Pirates as well, but it could stay full price until January.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

there are just some things i don't mind paying full price for, and the LEGO games are one such thing. although, i did get the $10 credit at amazon for pre-ordering, so essentially i got it $10 off... in a round-about way.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

I'm more or less the same way. Only video games are so pricey, if there's one I know will drop in price soon, it's like I pretend it hasn't even been released until I find it cheaper.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

anarky wrote:Only video games are so pricey, if there's one I know will drop in price soon, it's like I pretend it hasn't even been released until I find it cheaper.
this is the way i am with literally every other video game, unless i'm getting it for christmas or my birthday - then the onus is on the buyer to get a good deal ;). the LEGO games, however, are probably the most fun video games i've ever played, so i don't mind paying for the opportunity to have it immediately.
Life is short. STUNT IT!