Lego Pirates of the Caribbean

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Lego Pirates of the Caribbean

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I buy about one brand new release day game once a year. In fact, this year's purchase is the day after tomorrow when L.A.Noire hits shelves. Everything else I can wait until it drops to under $20. Most of the time, I can even wait and borrow games from friends and not pay to play them at all. The quality and content of any game remains the same whether its $60 first day, or $14.99 the day after Christmas. And usually, the quality is commisserate with the lower price.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

A corollary to that: if the price drops by more than $10 within a month, and continues to drop, the game is probably a shitty one.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Rollo Tomassi wrote:I buy about one brand new release day game once a year.
i'm about at that level, myself. even though i have all three of this year's LEGO games, i only paid for one of them. i got duplicates of LEGO Harry Potter for christmas, so kept one and exchanged the other one for LEGO SW3:CW, which worked out well.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I think the last "new release" games I bought were around Christmas, and all the big box stores are all trying to outdo each other in terms of deals so many of the games I got for the kids and myself ended up being cheaper than full price.

I'm thinking Arkham City will be another such purchase. If it didn't come out so close to Christmas, it would probably be a full price purchase for me. The first game rocked.
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Rollo Tomassi wrote:I'm thinking Arkham City will be another such purchase. If it didn't come out so close to Christmas, it would probably be a full price purchase for me. The first game rocked.
Fuck yes. I recently bought/played/jerked off to/finished Arkham Asylum. Arkham City will be an insta-buy.
I've only had my PS3 since October, but of the handful of games I have the only one I've paid more than $20 for was NHL11. And I got that at $45, so it still wasn't full price.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I bought Lego:PotC for $19.99 at TRU today. I didn't even realize it was on sale. I had more of those $5 coupons that I got Batman Year One and Under the Red Hood with last week. So I went in and picked up Superman/Batman:Apocalypse and saw Lego:PotC was cheap so I got that as well.
When I went up to the cashier and handed him the coupons, he says "You can't use those on Video Games." and pointed at the fine print on the coupon. So I picked it up and pretended to stare at the coupon for a full minute. Then I shrugged my shoulders and handed them back to him. "Okay. I guess I'll just use them on the NOT Video Game part of the purchase." He was very perplexed that I had outwitted him with my Machiavellian gambit. :roll:

Then I used one of my three remaining $10 GCs to pay the balance, getting everything for essentially $10 out of my own pocket.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I saw Target had it at $19.99. They were out in the store, but have it online. That's the cool thing about all these Lego games--wait a few months, and they're less than half the original price.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

And I discovered something pretty cool today.

I noticed this morning that the $19.99 at Target is a sale that ended tomorrow. I had to go to Target with Mrs A to get her some razors later, so I figured I'd manage to get us to go to a different Target on the off chance that they had other toys (or this sweet Jimi Hendrix hoodie that was on clearance, but only in small, in a larger size) and get it then. The second Target had it not. But they had rainchecks.

So, even though other stores just a couple of miles away have it in stock, since this particular store was out, I can get the game at that price at any Target before March 6. Not bad, and it makes more sense since the Wii is still out of commission.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I finished the game to 100% last night. The very last Level you can play was a fun touch. After collecting all the Gold Bricks in every level for every film, you have 84 out of 85 Bricks. You use the 84 Bricks you have to open one last Gold Gate...and go on the Lego version of the PotC ride at Disneyland. Complete with the cheesy piped in music and voices. A real hoot. finishing that nets you the final Gold Brick.

So I went over to GameStop and got the first Lego Indy Jones game for $8. I have the second but not the first.