Lego Universe

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Lego Universe

Post by Ran »

http://g4tv.com/videos/43632/LEGO-Unive ... 0-Trailer/
LEGO Universe currently contains more than 80,000 different kinds of LEGOs. Here's an impressive fact: whenever NetDevil produced a piece of concept art, it was immediately sent to the folks at LEGO to have a professional LEGO builder make sure it could be properly recreated with actual LEGO pieces. When you build something within LEGO Universe, there will also be an option to have the game spit out a build order that will list what real-world pieces you need to purchase to make it. And when you design something in the game, it'll populate in the world as an example for others.

You can get more ambitious than that, too, in the game's world editor, which provides complete design control over an entire LEGO-based world. You can script the AI movements of enemies and objects using an impressive visual-based scripting language (meaning folks myself won't be completely left out) and if the prospect of building an entire world on your own seems daunting, bring some friends into the mix. LEGO Universe allows multiple people to be building within the same world simultaneously. It also means other users can act as beta testers of content you're building in real-time.

Thousands of CES attendees were signing up to become part of the upcoming LEGO Universe beta. There's no launch date for the beta, but since everyone who signed up at CES was being guaranteed a spot, it sounds like LEGO and NetDevil are going to make the beta pretty open.
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70178 ... -Kids.html
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Lego Universe

Post by Slicker »

Wow, to me this sounds like LEGO meets SimCity which is fucking awesome!
Sweet berry wine!
vynsane
master of the universe

Re: Lego Universe

Post by vynsane »

i got a poster for this in my box of legos that i bought with my birthday money. looks cool.

the thing i'm more interested in are the lego board games. they all look really fun!
Life is short. STUNT IT!