Games that should've been made

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Games that should've been made

Post by anarky »

I came up with a doozy about 10-12 years ago, at the height of the Mortal Kombat kraze:

Mortal Kleanup

Two players compete as janitors to clean up the bloody mess left by showdowns in Mortal Kombat. Among other things, you get to clean up the multiple skulls left by exploding kombatants (never figured out how that worked, to be honest), hose down bloody victors, and pimp slap the other player with your broom so that he gets behind in his duties.

If you win, you hear phrases like, "Bob Jefferson wins. Flawless cleanup. Fatality."

I also came up with a silly big-head go-kart game called Mortal Go-Kart. I don't remember much, except that if you were Scorpion, you could hook other players and scream, "Get over here!" Much like the original.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Kombat Kart (my name for it) would have sold like hotcakes - any chance you can still get in on this? I'd contact the company, Chux, and I'm really not kidding.
"Something inside me....."
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

Sorry fellows- a buddy lent me "MK: Armageddon" last week and I've been playin it- it has "Motor Kombat" on it, a big-head, MK-themed mario kart ripoff

It FUCKING SUCKS- but the actual MK game is pretty damn decent- especially as a free rental

I am hoping to make a game called "Super Text-Car" maybe with flash or somethin. It's be a classic text-adventure-style racing game. It is kinda inspired by that text "doom" from a few years ago ( "shoot" "you missed" "shoot" "killed 1 eye demon" "reload" "demon attacks" "left"... that kind of shit, it was damn funny to me at least)

Thing that'll make text-car really awesome is that random shit will happen that you could NOT figure out while playing it- you just have to type "Left" and "speed up" for the most part, but suddenly you'll run out of gas, or have a tire blow, forcing you to try again, all 500 awesome laps :mabs:
Vince, NO!!!!!

I just ripped off most of your pubes!!
Snigtad Flornbi
christopher walken
Location: I AM NOT CALING U, I AM CALLIN THE LADYS, NOT U, CUZ U R A FAGG!

Post by Snigtad Flornbi »

thay hsould make a game where i Kick ur nutz, fag, then u cry
NOW THAT IS A GOD DAM GAYE ROBAT!!! LOOK A THAT FUCKIN DICK ON HIS HAND, HE PROBLY SUX IT EVER NITE CUZ HE IS A GAY FAG LIEK U FAGGETS!! MAN, U FAGS LIEK ROBAT DONG HANDS UP UR GAY ASSES DON'T U, HA HA HA HA HA HA I NEW IT!!!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Games that should've been made

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Now that Video Game Graphics and AI are light years ahead of where they were even just a few years ago, they need to go back and make games based on the Original Trilogy. Getting to play as Luke and Han on the DeathStar, or evading TIE Fighters in an asteroid belt, or lightsaber dueling with Darth Vader. Something like that might even get me semi-hard for the franchise again.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I'm shocked they haven't yet.
Other than Lego or Easter Eggs in other games, the OT has been pretty quiet the last few years on the video game front.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Diabolical wrote:I'm shocked they haven't yet.
Other than Lego or Easter Eggs in other games, the OT has been pretty quiet the last few years on the video game front.

Yeah. I was trying to think what the last game was. They had that Immersive Arcade Game where you sat in the chair and played like you were in the cockpit, but that never really translated to the Home Gaming Systems. Other than that, I think the last full on OT games were for the SNES. Which, fuck, might as well have been in the 18th century as far as Video Games go.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

the 'rogue squadron' games got into this a bit. RS2: rogue leader was awesome, but mainly just flying stuff - x-wings, y-wings, etc... RS3: rebel strike was okay, but frankly it strayed from the original formula with first/third-person walking bits that weren't as fun as the flying stuff.

if they could create a new rogue squadron game that successfully incorporated flying and ground-based stuff, i'd sign up for that in a heartbeat!
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

I'm surprised they never released any of the old Super Nintendo or N64 games for the Wii Virtual Console, seeing as how they were the best-received Star Wars games ever (the Super Star Wars series, Racer, Shadows of the Empire, and Rogue Squadron).
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

With Lucas' dickishly greedy licensing fees what would normally cost $5 in 'WiiPoints' would cost $40. That's why not.
anarky

Post by anarky »

But every copy would now be on the secondary market. So he gets nothing. Why not get people to re-buy it on a new system?

Of course, with the advent of essentially stupid WiiWare, I noticed the number of Virtual Console games almost entirely dried up.
Ran

Post by Ran »

anarky wrote:I'm surprised they never released any of the old Super Nintendo or N64 games for the Wii Virtual Console, seeing as how they were the best-received Star Wars games ever (the Super Star Wars series, Racer, Shadows of the Empire, and Rogue Squadron).
I thought the SNES games were on the virtual console.

http://www.vynsane.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ars#p53496

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vi ... h_America)

They should have made a grand theft auto-styled star wars game where you were Han Solo. Every other game like that seemed like you ended up being a Jedi. Lucas isn't beyond ripping off other games. They based Empire at War and Galactic Battlegrounds off of games like Age of Empires.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I was confused.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I want Lucasarts to release the Super Star Wars Trilogy on a disc (like Capcom did with a 10 game Mega Man disc for the PS2), but I also want them to include Super Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy. Same format, same gameplay, same graphics.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.