LEGO Batman

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

LEGO Batman

Post by Eternal Padawan »

Code: Select all

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games will bring LEGO® BATMAN™: THE VIDEOGAME to next-generation and current generation platforms and the PC in 2008 with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment serving as the game’s North American publisher, including all sales and distribution functions. 

In LEGO BATMAN: THE VIDEOGAME, TT Games brings the world of DC Comics’ Caped Crusader to life in an entirely new way. Players can explore a richly interactive LEGO Gotham City as Batman and Robin, capturing infamous villains – and even take control of the villains themselves. 

“Batman spans several generations as one of the most popular DC Super Heroes, and LEGO BATMAN will appeal to several generations of gamers who grew up idolizing the Dark Knight and playing with LEGO toys,” said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Development and Production, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “Working with TT Games, we are confident they will continue their LEGO games’ success with this title, and we will expand our publishing endeavors with the introduction of the LEGO BATMAN franchise.” 

“We’re sure our fans will be excited to know that we have the same fantastic team at Traveller’s Tales responsible for LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Star Wars II working on LEGO BATMAN,” said Tom Stone, Director of TT Games Publishing. 

“There’s a special magic to the LEGO incarnation of Batman that makes him accessible to a younger generation of his fans," said Paul Levitz, President, DC Comics. “We look forward to the videogame version extending this fantasy.” 

The LEGO BATMAN: THE VIDEOGAME story unfolds with Batman’s greatest foes escaping from Arkham Asylum and creating mayhem throughout Gotham City. Tracking criminals, including The Joker and The Penguin, players will utilize Batman’s gadgets as well as build and operate fantastic vehicles in one or two player cooperative gameplay.
"Say Jim! WHOOOO! That is a bad outFIT! Whooo!"--Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." --Megatron,Transformers: The Movie
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

I'm excited. I'll wager Eternal Padawan is, too.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Rogue II wrote:I'm excited. I'll wager Eternal Padawan is, too.

Damn skippy! If it's anything like LEGO SW it's gonna rock.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

They'd better have a playable Anarky character.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

That would be awesome. They need to make a DCDirect figure of him.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Actually, first they need to dispense of all the superhero shit and turn him back into a crazy kid in a costume.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Re: LEGO Batman

Post by anarky »

So, uh, any new word on this? It's still planned, right?
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Yep. There's a little teaser trailer up (as you know by now, Chux) - the game will drop next fall.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo. ... er/1167883
"Something inside me....."
Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

New LEGO Batman: The Videogame Trailer

Post by Newsbot »

The new trailer for LEGO Batman: The Videogame is now online and can be watched using the player below. The game hits stores in September.  Warning.  You fanboys may poop your pants.
Click Here
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.
Snigtad Flornbi
christopher walken
Location: I AM NOT CALING U, I AM CALLIN THE LADYS, NOT U, CUZ U R A FAGG!

Post by Snigtad Flornbi »

UR SO GAY U PROBLY THANK THIS FORM IS ABOUT U, DONT U FAGG!!

YAYYYYYY DOOSHE!!

O YES!
NOW THAT IS A GOD DAM GAYE ROBAT!!! LOOK A THAT FUCKIN DICK ON HIS HAND, HE PROBLY SUX IT EVER NITE CUZ HE IS A GAY FAG LIEK U FAGGETS!! MAN, U FAGS LIEK ROBAT DONG HANDS UP UR GAY ASSES DON'T U, HA HA HA HA HA HA I NEW IT!!!
Zero
the ALL NEW moderator terror squad

Post by Zero »

Where's my banstick?
NO HANDLEBARS HAN SHOT. FIRST! PERIOD.
NO HANDLEBARS MORE COWBELL!
NO HANDLEBARS GO FUCK YOURSELF™
Newsbot

Lego video game franchise set to explode in 2008.

Post by Newsbot »

When's the last time you played with Legos? If you own a contemporary video game console, chances are it's merely been a matter of months. The enormously popular Lego Star Wars games have breathed new life into the interlocking bricks by prominently featuring them in several successful outings based on George Lucas' sprawling space opera.

And when we say successful, we mean it. The original Lego Star Wars game was a breakout hit as the tenth best-selling game of 2005, while its sequel, Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy, shocked the charts of 2006 by selling over 1 million copies in its first week, passing luminaries like Gears of War and New Super Mario Brothers on the way to becoming the third biggest game of the year. A bundle of the two, The Complete Saga, has enjoyed strong sales as well.

So what's the secret to their success? For one thing, they're riotously funny, delivering the same wry, kid-appropriate but adult-themed humor popularized by Bugs Bunny or more recently, animation giant Pixar. Combining straightforward action with creative puzzle-solving, the series lets gamers play as hordes of different characters from the Star Wars universe, each required to complete certain levels. The games are also terrifically streamlined, allowing multiple players to jump in and out without disrupting the flow, in turn earning a reputation as some of the best games for parents and kids to enjoy together.

But what if you're not a Star Wars nut? Never fear -- the franchise is branching out in 2008, first tackling another Lucasfilm classic in Lego Indiana Jones this May, then adding Lego bricks to the Dark Knight's potent arsenal with the highly-anticipated Lego Batman later this year. Find info on Indy here, or get the scoop on the comic crime-fighter's foray into Legomania with this exclusive character trailer. 
Trailer
Newsbot

Post by Newsbot »

Lego Batman Character Bios
Lego Batman

WATCH LEGO BATMAN TRAILER
THE RIDDLER

Watch The Riddler in action!

* BASE OF OPERATIONS: Gotham City
    * EYES: Blue
    * HAIR: Black

Edward Nigma had been a cheat all his life, especially when it came to the solving of puzzles. Later, he turned his love of puzzles into a career by running a crooked carnival puzzle game. But E. Nigma, yearning for greater glory and wealth, decided to use his love of riddles to match wits with the Gotham City police and Batman, sending them fiendishly complex clues to his forthcoming crimes, crimes committed as...The Riddler!
Attributes:

* Genius intellect
    * Weak hand-to-hand combatant
    * Driven by need to test his wits against law enforcement by leaving clues to his planned crimes

Powers and Abilities:

In LEGO Batman the videogame, The Riddler can use mind control to drain the mind of an enemy, making them dizzy and confused for several seconds, as well as vehicle mind control to control vehicles in the area and cause them to explode. The Riddler can also bypass security on special doors manned by security guards.

Lego Batman

WATCH LEGO BATMAN TRAILER
CATWOMAN

Watch Catwoman in action!

* BASE OF OPERATIONS: Gotham City
    * EYES: Green
    * HAIR: Black

Selina Kyle was a child of the streets, growing into a beautiful and criminally skilled young woman. She became Catwoman, the most successful cat burglar Gotham City had ever known. Catwoman and Batman share a strange relationship, part adversarial, part flirtatious. Catwoman finds herself attracted to Batman...so much so that she sometimes finds herself working with him on the side of the angels.
Attributes:

* Expert gymnast
    * Trained athelete
    * Famed for stealth skills
    * Expert hand-to-hand combatant
    * Weapon of choice: cat-'o-nine-tails
    * Internationally famous car burglar/jewel thief
    * Empathy for cats

Powers and Abilities:

In LEGO Batman the videogame Catwoman has the ability of super jump - allowing her to jump to many places other characters can't reach - as well as the ability to bypass security on special doors armed by guards.

Screen shot Gallery
Ran

Post by Ran »

So is this one worth picking up? I figure this will probably hit the $20 range before Lego Indiana Jones. For some reason, I'm more interested in Lego Batman than Lego Indiana Jones.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i'll let you know once i've jumped into it, but i don't know when that will be... i've got 6 months of construction on the house ahead of me.
Life is short. STUNT IT!