NHL 2004

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: NHL12

Post by Ran »

Diabolical wrote:
Ran wrote:Looks like you go a lot of the music that is commonly used during the game (Song 2, Rock & Roll part 2). If you go to an NHL12 message board, I'm sure someone has posted every song that every team uses. If it were my game, I'd add a few Sabre specific songs.
That would be cool, but I don't want to put that much effort into customizing every team's music. It would take far too long. Since most arenas play similar music anyway I was going to set music for the entire league.
I figured you would at least customize the Wings, and leave the rest as standard. Back in the Sega days, EA used team specific songs for their entrance. I know they at least used Sabre Dance for Buffalo and whatever the Blues use. Funny how they quit doing that.
Diabolical wrote:
Ran wrote:The price for the PS3 just dropped $50. I'm considering getting one. What worries me is that it is now 5 years old and I'm afraid the PS4 is around the corner. Not that I would want to buy the PS4, but because they would quit supporting PS3. That, and I rarely play the Wii anymore. Gran Tourismo 5 and that old west Grand Theft Auto game would probably hold my attention.
At this point there are a ton of rumors, but that's all they are.
A lot of people seem to think late 2012 is when we'll see a PS4, but I have my doubts. Most of the speculation is based on the time between PS1 and PS2 - about 6 years. And PS3 came out in 2006, so 2012 MUST mean PS4. *rollseyes*

Sony reportedly lost it's ass selling the PS3 in the beginning because it cost so much in R&D and initial production costs and it took a while before the PS3 became profitable. I can't imagine what the next generation would cost them (and us).
The initial slow sales of the PS3 hurt them too. It wasn't for a year or more before sales picked up (once the games started flowing and got better).
Plus, Sony says today's games haven't hit the PS3's full potential yet, so it sounds like Sony thinks the system has some legs.
So do you think it is worth a purchase even at this point?
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Ran wrote:I figured you would at least customize the Wings, and leave the rest as standard.
I would, but it makes away games irritating.
Also, when I'm playing against someone, we usually play with random teams to switch it up.
Ran wrote:So do you think it is worth a purchase even at this point?
I love mine for the games (I only have a small handful, but they've been more good than bad), Blu-Ray player and Netflix. Apparently, and I haven't done the research to confirm this, the PS3 has a really good Blu-Ray player.

But I'm also easily amused by shiny objects.
And I'm also easily distr
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Our ps3 has gotten over 50 percent of its use as a bluray movie player. I'm on my 2nd one - the first one crapped the bed so I sold it as is for $100 to a guy who figured he could fix and flip it. The cost of the device at launch was crazy - $700 up here. Did they honestly think they'd flood the market? I bought me PS2 on launch day for about half that much if I recall correctly.

Now that bluray is the industry standard and there is no "new & hot" format, I honestly expect ps4 to come in somewhere between the ps2 & ps3 pricepoints as a new item. Call me crazy, but $500 is pushing about as high as most folks are going to go for a new video game player, since most of us are already rocking bluray capability now.
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

NHL 14 is going to have a retro mode so you can play in NHL 94. It has been a while since I bought a hockey game, so I might actually get this one.

I've had the PS3 for a while now, but haven't been playing it much because I've been too busy with work and school. If everything goes right, I'll finish my degree in December. That will free up some time.