Company Names Sunglasses Line for Helen Keller!

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

Company Names Sunglasses Line for Helen Keller!

Post by Newsbot »

A Chinese company is creating some buzz online for naming its sunglasses line for Helen Keller, the deaf and blind American woman who became an advocate for people with disabilities.

ADVERTISEMENT

In a commercial for the eyewear, a stylish woman steps off a plane and walks past a long line of waiting photographers. They initially do nothing, but when she puts on the Helen Keller glasses they feverishly begin to take her picture.

The line's slogan? "You see the world, the world sees you."

The Wall Street Journal reports that Keller's story is widely taught in Chinese schools.

A spokesman for Xiamen Jinzhi, the company that developed the line, told the Journal that it was well aware of Keller's blindness, but said it valued the woman's philanthropic spirit, which spread optimism throughout the world.

Wow. This reporter doesn't want to sound racist, but the stupidity of the people in charge of naming and marketing products for some of these Asian companies boggles my microprocessors.
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Company Names Sunglasses Line for Helen Keller!

Post by anarky »

Like I said on some other site about books on faces, next year the company is unveiling a new line of bug spray called Auschwitz-Birkenau. They say it will be the "final solution" to your bug problems.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

Can't remember where I heard it, but an African-American family bought a couch that was made in China. The couch was black. When it was delivered to the family's home, it still had a label with a description on it. The Chinese translator used an unfortunate word for the color.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Hiroshima 180 Proof Vodka. "It's the fastest you'll ever get bombed!" From the makers of Naga-Saki.

Jack the Ripper brand feminine disposable razors. "A shave so close it'll make you scream....with delight!"

Josef Stalin's Travel Agency "We know the perfect place for you and your family. Let us take you there."
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky

Post by anarky »

The distillery that makes Hiroshima 180 and Naga-Sake has the funniest commercials about Fat Man and Little Boy trying to get with Enola Gay.

I need to get going. I have to pick up some Ghandi Diet Pills.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Had a funny/horrible burn-in-hell idea for a commercial.

It shows a heavy guy sitting in a chair eating [NAME BRAND] Ice Cream.
Then the camera pulls back to show the guy is in the hospital and he's missing a foot.
He looks at the camera and says. "It was WORTH IT!!" and gives a big cheesy grin and thumbs up.

Then the Ice Cream Logo.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky

Post by anarky »

I always wanted to see a Klondike commercial where this hairy, fugly beast of a woman is standing there, and the announcer asks, "Would you do her for a Klondike bar?" Then it cuts to them in bed with the sheets over their lower bodies (like any post-coital scene in any movie, because people in movie universes apparently are obsessed with immediately hiding the naughty bits they were sucking a few moments earlier), and you hear the singers singing, "Who would you do-oo-oo for a Klondike bar?"