Fox to air delayed lingerie ad with busty models!

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

Fox to air delayed lingerie ad with busty models!

Post by Newsbot »

NEW YORK (Adweek) – Lane Bryant's controversial new lingerie ad, featuring busty, plus-sized models, will finally air on Fox next Wednesday, during the closing minutes of the 9 p.m. edition of "American Idol."

ADVERTISEMENT

The women's clothing manufacturer had claimed both Fox and ABC objected to the commercial's content.

Though the commercial will now air on "Idol," both client and media still seem peeved. Lane Bryant has accused the networks of bias against large-size women and their cleavages -- and the networks have denied such claims, accusing Lane Bryant of trying to milk a non-story for publicity purposes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Lane Bryant took its battle to the blogosphere Tuesday with a rather testy entry on its Inside Curve venue, lambasting Fox and ABC for resisting efforts to place the ad in shows including "Dancing With the Stars" and "Idol."

It complained that it was being treated differently from Victoria's Secret, which has aired spots on both networks. The company said it was "disappointed" that Fox rejected the ad three times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Fox sources countered, however, that the network frequently asks marketers to re-edit spots just as it did with Bryant, as well as with Victoria's Secret ads that have aired. The sources said Lane Bryant's refusal to comply with requested changes caused the delay that prevented it from airing this week.

"Following Lane Bryant's refusal to make requested edits, Fox agreed to air the unedited ad during the last 10 minutes of next Wednesday's "Idol" program at 9 p.m., a source said.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Fox sources said the Victoria's Secret ad that aired this week on "Idol" complied with requested edits "and was specifically produced to meet Fox's standards for 'American Idol.'"

Bravo, Fox. No one wants to look at a bunch of big fat asses.
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Fox to air delayed lingerie ad with busty models!

Post by anarky »

Awww, fuck, dude. Not cool. Not cool. I'm blind now, and won't be able to keep my lunch down for a week. Zaphod, care to start a fatwa (ba-dum-ching!) against the Newsbot for posting those pics?

However, I did some digging (not especially tough, and we all know how shitty I am at web research), and found the actual commercial. It's a slight tad on the slutty side for a lingerie commercial (since they like to show women in their underwear either acting like angels or talking about "muffins" for some odd reason, and this is a woman going to meet a guy for lunch wearing nothing but her underwear and an unbuttoned jacket), but pretty tame. Carls Jr has far more risque ads. And if the woman in the commercial is "fat," then, fuck, I must have some sick fatty fetish.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

anarky wrote:And if the woman in the commercial is "fat," then, fuck, I must have some sick fatty fetish.
Same here.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Diabolical wrote:
anarky wrote:And if the woman in the commercial is "fat," then, fuck, I must have some sick fatty fetish.
Same here.

Agreed.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Funny that this is somehow "offensive," but the Victoria's Secret ads that practically show women masturbating isn't, and Sobe's new commercial actually says "Here's (some model's name) wearing zero!" and shows a bunch of shots of a naked woman on the beach.

Not complaining about those, but it does seem suspect. Anyone who understands that woman is leaving with just a trenchcoat because she's going to get fucked is old enough to not be offended by it.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Six years later, she (Ashley Graham) is on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue (that is still a thing for some reason).
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.