Attention, citizens: beware... of spammers

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Batman
moderator terror squad reserve member

Attention, citizens: beware... of spammers

Post by Batman »

Greetings, citizens. I have a bit of... concerning Bat-news to impart to you all this morning.

We at vynsane.com have been the target of multiple terrorist spam assaults over the past week. The Moderator Terror Squad did not wish to... frighten anyone... however, it is best we all be on... Bat-alert so as to present a unified front. The perpetrators of these attacks are... unknown... but we suspect either Al Qaeda or Action Online. This is obviously a... ruse that they are employing so as to distract us from an impending attempt to rob the Gotham National Bank.

Grimlock has gone deep... undercover so as to root out the bad guys. We have lost contact with him, perhaps because even a turban and fake beard cannot hide the fact that he is a thirty-foot-tall robotic... Tyrannosaurus Rex. Hopefully, he will return to us soon. I do not wish to lose him to evil the way we lost Richard Simmons. Receiving those bloody gym shorts in the mail saddened Robin so much that he had to sleep with them every evening for a month, and he had... nightmares in which he dry-humped the shorts while humming "YMCA."

Effective immediately, the Moderator Terror Squad is employing... drastic Bat-measures. Dr. Doom will be temporarily handing over... control to those more experienced in counter-terrorism. Your new temporary masters will be Donald Rumsfeld, Condoleeza Rice, Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin, Ben Reilly, and Bizzaro the Grip. I understand the Patriot Act will apply here, and something called "enhanced interrogation" is expected to be used extensively, which, I suspect, means we will all be permitted to surf freely. Hang Bat-ten.
:bats:
Condoleeza Rice
bacon

Re: Attention, citizens: beware... of spammers

Post by Condoleeza Rice »

Thank you, Batman.

Vynsane.com is now a sovereign website and the laws of the United States of Kool-Aid Drinking Obama Lugnuts no longer apply here.

Effective June 1 (retroactive), all forumites must now hold a valid passport in order to post here, and must surrender their passport to any former member of the Bush cabinet. Failure to comply will result in a spanking and deportation to Guantanamo Bay.

What, you didn't think we were really closing that place down, did you?
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

since it's gotten crazy i've reinstated 'admin approval' for new registrants. this means PM me if you have a "friend" who needs approval.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

Yeah, it's gotten ridiculous and I was wondering you guys were having a bit too much fun with alternate names. How the fuck do these people find this place anyways?
Sweet berry wine!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

doing research for school papers, mostly.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Scooby Doo
bacon

Post by Scooby Doo »

Roo Ri rell ra rod-ramn rystery? Ruck reah!
Sam I Am
bacon

Post by Sam I Am »

I do not like unsolicited spam
I do no like them. sincerely, Sam I Am.
Seven
knightrider

What the FUCK is up with all of the spam???

Post by Seven »

Seriously, What the fuck is up with all of the spam!?
The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an Amusement Park.
vynsane
master of the universe

Re: What the FUCK is up with all of the spam???

Post by vynsane »

apparently the spamborg have adapted to our new phpbb3... there was a period using phpbb2 where it was like this and i had to turn off self-authentication in lieu of admin authentication of new registrants, which i've reinstated on the new system. but a lot of spamborg already registered so we may be in for a bumpy ride ahead still. at least we won't have any new registrants. i have to look into updates to the phpbb3 'ware and see if it assuages any of the spam issues, but i just don't have the time right now.

also: merged.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Seven
knightrider

Post by Seven »

I've been disconnected from the hive, it was not I. However, I've traced the spamissions to a remote, disconnected borg-terrorist group by the name of Borgmas.
The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an Amusement Park.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

heh... i use 'spamborg' because it's still not clear as to whether or not they're all spambots or if they're actually people or if they're some sort of hive-mind of a bunch of homeless people connected to a cluster of computers mind-spamming all the weirdest forums (fora?) they can find.
Life is short. STUNT IT!