What the hell, I'll just say it...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Double_G
megatron

What the hell, I'll just say it...

Postby Double_G » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:29 am

What the fuck has been going on here lately?
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: What the hell, I'll just say it...

Postby anarky » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:31 am

Okay, so the Romulans didn't eat all our posts since October after all? I thought a new confusing subplot dealing with the whatevers of Dooshe was forthcoming to retroactively explain it.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!

DR. DOOM!
moderator terror squad

Postby DR. DOOM! » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:56 am

SILLY ANARKY, HOW COULD YOU NOT BELIEVE THAT THE SCIONS OF DOUCHE HAD CONTRACTED THE ROMULANS TO DELETE THREE MONTHS WORTH OF POSTS. LUCKILY I, DOOM, WIELD THE POWER TO TRANSPORT ALL OF YOU BACK IN TIME TO JANUARY 18TH, THE DAY BEFORE THE ROMULAN ATTACK, THUS WE HAVE ONLY LOST THREE DAYS WORTH OF POSTS AND ARE NOW AMPLY PREPARED FOR THE NOW-IMMINENT ATTACK. OF COURSE, NOW THAT THEIR TREACHERY IS UNCOVERED I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF THE ROMULANS SKULK BACK TO THE SHADOWS AND NEVER EXERCISE THEIR PLOT.

THUS SPEAKS DOOM!
RICHARDS!!!!!

vynsane
master of the universe

Postby vynsane » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:14 am

interesting. all i could get was an error message. i wonder why some people were able to access the forum and some weren't... i know jjreason got the same error message i got.

anyway, i don't remember going back in time, but thanks do dr. doom! for the assist while i was pretty much powarluss.
Life is short. STUNT IT!

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Postby Ran » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:20 am

Mabs and I were on AIM yesterday. Earlier the morning, the site wouldn't come up at all. A while later, it came up, but everything after October was gone, but it let us post. Then it would only let you see the board index and it gave an error if you clicked on anything else. Then the rest of the day just had that error message.

Double_G
megatron

Postby Double_G » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:11 am

Yeah, that happened to me too. I was on yesterday morning, I saw the October posts, and then all I got was an error message for the rest of the day.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

UKWildcat
christopher walken

Postby UKWildcat » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:14 am

Double_G wrote:Yeah, that happened to me too. I was on yesterday morning, I saw the October posts, and then all I got was an error message for the rest of the day.

Same here. Glad everything is fixed now.
"Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery."

vynsane
master of the universe

Postby vynsane » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:40 pm

basically my web host had a serious error corrupting one of the disks, which housed the databases. the last non-corrupt backups were from october. luckily i had backed up on the 18th. lots of the other people on my web host totally lost their shit back through october, something that i learned the hard way not to do - the old-timers here can attest to that. we lost what, about a year's worth of posts?

the error message was generated because once the system failed, it went into a read-only state as a failsafe in case anything else got bunked. the forum needs one of the folders (cache) to be read-write enabled, so when it couldn't write to that folder it errored out. my host was working hard to get the server back online for the better part of 18 hours - it seemed to be a major problem, which now seems to be resolved. i now try to make weekly backups. this is the first major catastrophe with this web host and in comparison they handled it like pros. some people at the support forum were complaining, but from what i've experienced in the past this was handled expertly.
Life is short. STUNT IT!

Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Postby Senor JabbaJohnL » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:52 pm

For the record, even though it's done, I just got an error message when I clicked to the forums yesterday. At one point I got into an all-white page with the names of the forums as standard Times New Roman links, but couldn't get into any of them.

EDIT: Wait . . . now I'm seeing some posts I've already read being marked as new. What?
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.

vynsane
master of the universe

Postby vynsane » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:04 pm

Senor JabbaJohnL wrote:For the record, even though it's done, I just got an error message when I clicked to the forums yesterday. At one point I got into an all-white page with the names of the forums as standard Times New Roman links, but couldn't get into any of them.

yeah, the server was severely messed up yesterday, so any time something loaded it probably only partially loaded.

EDIT: Wait . . . now I'm seeing some posts I've already read being marked as new. What?

since i had to backup to the 18th... i mean since DOOM! transported us back to the 18th... it will show threads as "new" if you hadn't read them before the 18th.
Life is short. STUNT IT!

Sleazer
megatron

Postby Sleazer » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:36 pm

Senor JabbaJohnL wrote:For the record, even though it's done, I just got an error message when I clicked to the forums yesterday. At one point I got into an all-white page with the names of the forums as standard Times New Roman links, but couldn't get into any of them.

That sucks, I thought in 2008 we would be beyond divides based on color. :(

Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Postby Senor JabbaJohnL » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:22 pm

Especially on MLK day, of all times.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.

Return to “announcements”