Car Rental Troubles...Join in and Bitch

cars are like, the coolest thing besides chicks... in fact, anarky thinks they're cooler than chicks because he's got problems... discuss...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jdr3
sloth

Car Rental Troubles...Join in and Bitch

Post by jdr3 »

So the other day the missus and I rented a car to drive down to Baltimore to visit her friends. My concession was that we rent a new mustang from Budget rental, that way I got something cool out of the trip. After a shitty 14 days of work I was looking foward to this drive. Reservation was for 7:30pm....we get there, they don't have any cars (what's the point of the reservation). After waiting for a half hour, the cars finally arrive...now budget does say that you get the model or a similar one that you reserved....well...they gave me a Ford Taurus. Am I wrong in thinking the only thing that is similar between the two models is that they are made by Ford? I mean what the fuck, the Taurus on the Budget website is even in a different classification....fuckers.....
I mean the car worked, got me from point a to point b fine, but it ain't no mustang...from now on I shall never use budget....fuckers.....
I also got a thing against Enterprise 'cause they don't really pick you up and drop you anywhere, I couldn't get the Enterprise I rented a car from to drop me off at LAX when I was in LA. They said I could drop the car off at LAX and pay extra for them to take it back. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?

Anyway...anybody else have these rental issues....or am I just rental-ly challenged.
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

I had a similar problem for Thanksgiving last year. I had planned on going back to Michigan but that fell through but I said fuck it and wanted to get my rental anyway. I had reserved a Chrysler 300C about a month in advance and they were like ok that's cool. So I call the day before to verify the car and reservation and they say that they have the car waiting for me. So I go in the day before Thanksgiving to get my car and, surprise, they don't have my car. So needless to say that I got an upgraded car for even less than what I was gonna pay before.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i've only rented a couple of times... can't remember from who. that story blows. "rental-ly challenged" is awesome, however...
Antropov
stormshadow

Post by Antropov »

I will never rent a car agian.

My wife and I wanted to rent a car for our honeymoon (there was nothing wrong with our car, we just thought we'd do it up proper) from Enterprise. I asked for a Cadillac CST, which they wouldn't give me because I wasn't 25 at the time (I was a whole three months away. Like I was gonna mature to "cadillac status" in that time). That pissed me off, but I got over it quickly. I made a reservation for the morning of September 24th to leave at 9:00 am. I get there at 8:30 to deal with the inevitable paperwork and when it comes time to leave the deposit, I give them my debit card (which can be run as credit). They tell me it's no good, I need a CREDIT card. Well, anyone who knows me knows that my credit cards have been maxxed out for a looooooooong time. I was pissed, but I had my checkbook. Nope, no personal checks for a deposit. Ok, so I'm steamed, but we've both got a pocketful of "emergency cash" and this seemed "emergency" enough to warrent it's usage. No cash deposits unless it's accompanied by a utility and water bill. WHAT?!?!? I fucking rent and have never seen, much less paid, a water bill in my life. What the fuck is wrong with a CASH deposit?! Needless to say I had had more than enough and my wife was laughing with (more likely at) me as I ripped the guy working the world's largest second asshole. I knew my pissing and moaning wouldn't change their policy, but DAMN it felt good! In the end, they tried to work something out with me, but I told them (literally) to fuck off and the wife and I got in our Sunfire and took off.

Motherfuckers.
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

Well, I've had to rent another car while mine is in the shop. Thankfully insurance is covering it fully which is why I chose an expensive ($50 a day) SUV. I hate Fords but it always nice to rag the piss out of a vehicle that isn't yours and this little Explorer is going through it's trials.

Did you know that Explorers start to shake when you get over 100? I didn't either but I know now.