Fleet of Ferraris ruined in Japan sportscar pileup

cars are like, the coolest thing besides chicks... in fact, anarky thinks they're cooler than chicks because he's got problems... discuss...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

Fleet of Ferraris ruined in Japan sportscar pileup

Post by Newsbot »

TOKYO — An outing of luxury sportscar enthusiasts in Japan ended in an expensive freeway pileup — smashing a stunning eight Fellalis, a Rambolghini, and two Melcedes....er, um...Ferraris, a Lamborghini and two Mercedes likely worth more than $1 million together.

Police say they believe the accident Sunday was touched off when the driver of one of the Ferraris tried to change lanes and hit the median barrier. He spun across the freeway, and the other cars collided while trying to avoid hitting his car.

Video of the crash aired by NTV, a major national network, showed several smashed, bright red Ferraris cluttering the freeway.
Even a used Ferrari in Japan can fetch $100,000 or more, meaning the total damage may be $1 million or more.

Police declined to comment on the total amount of damage, but said some of the vehicles were beyond repair.

NTV quoted the driver of one of the tow trucks brought in to clear the scene as saying it was the most expensive crash site he had ever seen.

No one was seriously injured, but police in Yamaguchi prefecture said 10 people were treated for bruises and cuts. Police say 14 cars were involved altogether.

The luxury cars were all in one place because they were being driven by a group of automobile enthusiasts on their way to nearby Hiroshima.

I know what you are thinking. Don't fall for that stereotype. It could have happened in any country.
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Fleet of Ferraris ruined in Japan sportscar pileup

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Imagine if that story had been done by the hypothetical 'Hot bikini wearing Asian Chick' Newsbot. It would've been so much better.

And the $ amount would've been more impressive in ¥.
"Over ¥100,000,000 in damages!!!". See? More zeros.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Fleet of Ferraris ruined in Japan sportscar pileup

Post by Ran »

Rollo Tomassi wrote:Imagine if that story had been done by the hypothetical 'Hot bikini wearing Asian Chick' Newsbot. It would've been so much better.
Agreed. Someone ought to work on that.

You know what's funny about this article? This weekend I was driving a Lamborghini while playing Gran Turismo. During the game, sometimes I might hit the brake a bit late and ram into the car behind me. Luckily, the game does not have vehicle damage, otherwise I don't think I would finish races very often. During an all-Italian car race as I smashed into a Ferrari and another Lamborghini going around a sharp turn, I began wondering how much damage it would have caused in real life. Now I have my answer.