looks like i'm getting a motorcycle!

cars are like, the coolest thing besides chicks... in fact, anarky thinks they're cooler than chicks because he's got problems... discuss...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

vynsane
master of the universe

looks like i'm getting a motorcycle!

Post by vynsane »

my boss and her husband have had a pair of kawasakis in their garage for about 20yrs apparently. the other day she and i were joking around about me taking one off their hands and she said she'd probably pay to have them removed. but the seed was planted, i guess, because they called me last night and said next weekend they're heading to a place in upstate NY and if i would pay for a trailer rental i could have both of them. she quickly recanted on giving up hers as he's got some health issues and gave up riding, but she still holds out hope that she can fix hers up. but still, i can have his, which is actually the nicer of the two - or at least the more powerful, a 650.

well, it turns out they don't have a trail-hitch, so they won't be bringing it to me next weekend, but the offer's still on the table if i can retrieve it somehow. i'm going to see if my father-in-law will either drive his work van down with me or let me borrow it, as the bike should fit in the back or, barring that, he's got a hitch and trailer we could strap it to. so no time soon, but it's mine for the taking!

when i was inquiring about it she told me i'd have to talk to him as he knows more about both bikes. when she said it's 30yrs old, i did some cursory google searches on 'kawasaki 650 1979' and found this site with a bunch of pics. when i sent the link to one of the top pics (the blue bike), he said it's the EXACT bike down to the color, although it looks to have after-market exhaust in the pics (his has the standard chrome), and he added a sissy bar.

so, SWEET! i've been looking for a project bike for a while, now. this one will be a LOT cheaper than i've seen thus far, obviously. even if i have to pay my father-in-law with some manual labor on their house in return for the use of his van.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
vynsane
master of the universe

Re: looks like i'm getting a motorcycle!

Post by vynsane »

my wife's college friend, a harley man himself, has agreed to drive me down to my boss's house to cart the bike back in his pickup truck! so now it's just a matter of finding a weekend where we're both free.
Life is short. STUNT IT!