NEW DODGE CHARGER!!!!

cars are like, the coolest thing besides chicks... in fact, anarky thinks they're cooler than chicks because he's got problems... discuss...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

vynsane
master of the universe

NEW DODGE CHARGER!!!!

Post by vynsane »

holy crap, does this thing look good! i think it blows away the new mustang in terms of neuretro...

http://www.allpar.com/cars/lx/dodge-charger.html

it looks awesome in black...

http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/news/charger_srt8.html

and they're offering it in police package!

http://www.allpar.com/squads/police-cars/charger.html

the squad car version features displacement on demand style technology to keep MPG's up. i wonder if the civie version will have the same. that would be a huge boost in sales, given these high-priced gas times.

too bad i probably won't be caught dead behind the wheel of another V-8 engine... this one is really calling to me. can't you just see it in a hugger orange paint job with a big "01" on the doors and the confederate flag on top?
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

It does look wicked. Only the very basic lines are there from the old car - a good thing in my opinion, but only because the new Dodge 300/Magnum are way cooler to look at than those old beaters. New Dodge kicks butt, period. Too bad you have to pay an extra $10,000 in almost every category (pickups, vans, etc) .......
marney_tarah
bacon

Post by marney_tarah »

it looks awsom in Yellow and black. but holy shit does it look good in yellow it's so hot.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i think they did a good job of creating a "retro" vibe without making it look like the old car. it's lines yell "muscle" without being a DIRECT duplicate of the original, like the mustang for example. i'm getting tired of the retro craze.
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

Apparently they're making the Charger into a police cruiser. I bet you'd give a nut to patrol in this one jj.

vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

great. just what we need... another huge V8 to sit in a parking lot and drink more gas than any other car on the road, just when a lot of squads were switching to the chevy impala V6...

although i have to say it does look like a mad max interceptor... MAN, it's like an ex-girlfriend you KNOW is bad for you but you can't help but be helpless against. ALRIGHT, the car is fuckin' sexy!

too bad they made the alt.prowl out of an acura RSX - this would've been pretty cool...
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

I can't believe that I never said it in this thread...

...the new Charger is fucking ghey! How are you gonna make a 2 door classic into a 4 door?
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

With all of the Chrysler 300s I see around here, it seems like they are trying to create a new genre of muscle sedans.
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

I'm in love with the fucking 300 though. If I were to ever sell my Blazer I'd get a 300 in a heartbeat. But I totally see where you're coming from. The Dodge Magnum comes to mind as well when talkin' about muscle sedans.
The Grin
darth vader

Post by The Grin »

:thegrin:
I don't know if the new Charger has a straight six, but I gave your mother a straight 12 last night.
:thegrin: