car troubles...

cars are like, the coolest thing besides chicks... in fact, anarky thinks they're cooler than chicks because he's got problems... discuss...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

vynsane
master of the universe

car troubles...

Post by vynsane »

sure, i love my car, but sometimes i hate it.

so over the past month and a half, i've had a lot of problems with her... first, on the away half of a long-ish trip, my passenger side rear upper control arm broke, and my passenger side rear tire was rubbing against my tail-pipe (mind you, all the is unbeknowst to me at the time...)

as soon as i pay almost $400 to fix that, she starts to leak antifreeze from what i later find out is the housing for the thermostat on top of the water pump.

so, since i have no money from the other job, and it seems simple enough, i decide to try to fix it myself... well, the first part is my fault - i snapped one of the bolts that holds the housing on. so i figure, i should replace the housing, the bolts, and the t-stat. i go to a couple of auto parts stores that can't even ORDER my part, much less have it in stock, and i finally go to a GMC dealership that doesn't have it in STOCK, (as it's not a chevy dealership...) but can order it. if it's ordered, i can have it the next day. COOL! i though...

well, i go the next day and they finally find my order. i take one look at the bolts, and say "these aren't the bolts i need..." so i take a look at the housing, and it's nowhere NEAR what i need. the fucks ordered the wrong parts!!! now, this being friday afternoon, of course they can't order the RIGHT parts today, so i'll have them on tuesday. well, i pick them up on wed. as i had to work on tues, and the bolts come ten to a pack, so they just didn't order them!!!! thanks for nothing, fuckwits!

so i finally got some time to work on it, and using some de-locking compound i got the other bolt off. now i have to drill into the other bolt, tap in an extractor, and screw backwards into the shaft of the original bolt to get that one out.

however, even after that, i still have to find a place that has anywhere NEAR the bolt i need, and i don't see that happening anytime soon...

god damn it...
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

Boy that sucks Vyn. You should just buy a Scion. They look good.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

haha! yeah, i love my new car. but i loved my old car, too... i still do. if i had the means, i would keep both of them. but at this point with gas hovering around $3/gallon, i'm morally opposed to owning that car.

btw, my DIY repair of the t-stat on that car finally worked out, and i've been running with that one ever since - until i got the new tC, that is. it was an interesting project. i can't remember what i did... i think i got "similar" bolts at a hardware or autoparts store. specifications my ass!

btw #2, that de-locking compound was AWESOME! i have to find some of that. seriously, i put a couple of drops on each bolt, and i was able to finger-loosen the full one. i still had to tap the one that sheared off, but it still came out like butter after the compound. i was astounded! if i find out what it was i'll let you all know, just in case you have a locked bolt you need to extract.
homeless man
bacon

Post by homeless man »

I wish I had a car. I would use the drive thru for more than bumming change
pyrofreak
sloth

Post by pyrofreak »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by homeless man</i>
<br />I wish I had a car. I would use the drive thru for more than bumming change
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
i wish i still had my car T_T just one death and they take your car and fine you! it's not like he was important either, just some guy in a tux with some chick in white. and there was grafiti on thier car too! it said "just married" or somthing like that.
and they won't let me blow up mail boxes anymore either! they made these round bomb proof mail boxes...the bastards...well i guess not having a car has it's ups too, now i can't get parking tickets!
The Cow
bacon

Post by The Cow »

MOOOOOOOOO!!
The Goat
bacon

Post by The Goat »

BAAAA!!!!!

BAAAA!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

quoth anarky:

this place is a fuckin' zoo.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
homeless man
bacon

Post by homeless man »

Wanna know how I roll? Head over heals when I get hit by cars.
Ride the trains