Five Guys - eat there you fucking losers

awwww, man, food is awesome...but pooping it out is alot better

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Five Guys - eat there you fucking losers

Post by anarky »

I almost had Five Guys today, finally. Almost. :frus:

We went out to run some errands. I suggested it. I said I'd heard it was a bit pricey, but worth it, and I didn't mind paying a bit more.

So we got there. It's in the same parking lot as an ATM from our bank, so I told her I'd run ahead and see if they took cards or if I needed to go to the ATM. I didn't go right in, since it turned out the family was like fifteen feet right behind me.

So we open the door, and it's a bit crowded. Not bad, but I ask Mrs. A if she wants to eat there--I always do that if the place isn't empty. She tells me to get Anarky Jr some peanuts and walks in. Anarky Jr has been kinda bratty lately and starts insisting, and I say, "Hold on a second; it's tough to do this one-handed." (I'm holding Baby Nark's bottle.)

Get in line and Mrs. A kind of grunts and says, "Look at the size of those burgers. I don't think they're worth this price. Let's go." I'm a little annoyed--after all, I can't say how fucking ghetto I think it is to walk into a restaurant, take their freebies, and leave, walking right by the counter and complaining about the portion sizes.

So I'm already a bit disappointed, but the fucking kicker comes when she says she left because I clearly was complaining and she didn't want to hear it. I have no idea what the fuck bit her on the ass, but she thought that my waiting for them and not going in meant I didn't want to go, and then she apparently thought I was griping about the food when I tried to get my daughter to behave and not be an impatient brat.

Yeah, there was a bit of an argument at that point, where it took me about ten minutes to convince her that I wouldn't suggest something expensive, say I know it was expensive (turns out it didn't look too expensive to me--more than Carl's or McDonald's, but reasonable) but I wanted to try it anyway, and then change my mind the minute I got there but not actually just say it. (I don't have a problem just saying I think something costs too much and leaving.)

I told her I wasn't going to Red Robin instead, because, if she thought Five Guys was too much, I wasn't going somewhere that charges twice as much.

So, yeah, wound up at In-N-Out Burger instead. Normally, that would've been my first choice, burger wise, but it's a bit of a letdown when you're expecting something new and so good that people write songs about it. Oh, and they jacked their prices up at some point since the last time we went, so it cost twice as much as it did, and not much less than Five Guys. :lol:

I'm going without their punk asses one day when they're all in school. Let them drown in fucking McDonald's bullshit.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Dayum. :(
"Something inside me....."
anarky

Post by anarky »

Holy.

Fuck.

I don't think I can afford almost $40 for four people to do burgers (though, next time, the kids would split a burger and we'd only get one order of fries, so more realistically about $30), but, fuck, that burger is awesome.

Hella impressed that the jalapenos were fresh and not pickled, and that drink dispenser is something every other restaurant on Earth needs to upgrade to.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

The jalapenos there are very good. They put too many on, but that's easily fixed.
Ran

Post by Ran »

anarky wrote:Holy.

Fuck.

I don't think I can afford almost $40 for four people to do burgers (though, next time, the kids would split a burger and we'd only get one order of fries, so more realistically about $30), but, fuck, that burger is awesome.

Hella impressed that the jalapenos were fresh and not pickled, and that drink dispenser is something every other restaurant on Earth needs to upgrade to.
Ran wrote:They opened a bunch of them here. They give you a ridiculous amount of fries. My wife and kids went last weekend and one regular order of fries was enough for all of us.

I still like Smash Burger slightly better.
Did I mention they give you a lot of fries?
anarky

Post by anarky »

I told Mrs A that I'd heard that the fries were crazy big. She ordered two, thinking that they were the sizes of the cups, and not knowing they included the whole damned bag. :lol:
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Get 2 orders of fries, one spicy one regular. Shake the bag so they're all semi-spicy. Rejoice.
arnaky
bacon

Post by arnaky »

I can't stand Five Guys. When I go out to eat, I want a good hamburger, because I can't make a hamburger at home. I don't know why it's so hard to find one. But everyone just serves chicken marsala. I went to Five Guys because it looked like the kind of place that was nice enough that they might have more stuff on their menu, but, no, just chicken marsala. Oh, and beignets. Yeah, like I'm paying $6 for a fucking beignet. :roll: I got the chicken marsala, and there was a band-aid in it. Disgusting. I complained, and the waiter apologized that they weren't thorough and put two more band-aids on my chicken. Granted, they give you a lot of marshmellows, and their eggnog was good, but, fuck, I'm tired of chicken marsala! I'll go to In-N-Out next time; they also only have chicken marsala, but at least their waitresses are naked and make out a lot.
*--For outstanding sobriety and a complete maintenance of composure.