UK curry competition proves too hot to handle

awwww, man, food is awesome...but pooping it out is alot better

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

User avatar
Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news
Posts: 941
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:10 pm
Location: www.vynsane.com
Contact:

UK curry competition proves too hot to handle

Postby Newsbot » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:40 pm

EDINBURGH, Scotland (AP) — Some like it hot, but contestants at a curry eating contest in Scotland collapsed in agony after biting off more than they could chew at a self-styled "world's hottest chili" competition.

One contestant was hospitalized twice, and others writhed in agony, panting and vomiting after sampling the "Kismot Killer" at a charity eating competition at the Kismot restaurant in Edinburgh on Saturday.

Owner Abdul Ali staged the event to raise money for a children's hospice. He has conceded he'll have to cool things down for next year, after the first 10 contestants became ill and a second group of 10 declined to take part.

Ali said the curry had caused nosebleeds in the past.

All participants signed a disclaimer before tucking in, and the restaurant had provided first aiders, but they were overwhelmed by the number of sick diners.

The Scottish Ambulance Service failed to see the funny side.

"We would urge the organizers to review the way this event is managed in future," it said in a statement.

Since the competition was held in the UK, none of the contestents were required to sleep with the peppers after the event. They leave that part for Canadians.
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.

Return to “food”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron