Best fast food burgers

awwww, man, food is awesome...but pooping it out is alot better

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

vynsane
master of the universe

Re: Best fast food burgers

Post by vynsane »

Antropov wrote:Holy shit, vyn, you're getting butt abused. Lets see: 9 cookies or 3 double cheeseburgers?
yeah, well, luckily i don't frequent that establishment all that... frequently. every once in a while we don't have leftovers for me to take to work for lunch, and i'll get four 4pc nuggets.
I wonder what kind of person thought it was a good idea to not give cheap burgers away?
why hasn't that been posted in the "funny ass picture thread"? because it's a funny ass picture.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

vynsane wrote:their dollar menu SUCKS BALLS now at that location: 4pc mcnugget, 2 apple pies, 3 cookies. that's all. for serious. nothing else on there. small drink is a dollar, but it's not actually ON the dollar menu for some reason, and even the hamburger is $1.19. double cheese is $1.99 there. fuckwits.
But that's not even a goddamn meal! Even if you combine the mcnuggets, apple pies and cookies, it still ain't a decent meal.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Double_G wrote:But that's not even a goddamn meal! Even if you combine the mcnuggets, apple pies and cookies, it still ain't a decent meal.
um... "decent meal"? "mcdonald's"? did i miss something? i don't think you can call any combination of anything mcdonald's sells a "decent meal".
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

vynsane wrote:um... "decent meal"? "mcdonald's"? did i miss something? i don't think you can call any combination of anything mcdonald's sells a "decent meal".
The three pound angus burger that they have can qualify. It tastes like more of a real burger than the little hockey puck cheeseburgers that they have.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
Antropov
stormshadow

Post by Antropov »

anarky wrote:we just figured it was too much to spend on a hamburger.
They are expensive for sure. But I eat there so infrequently (the nearest one is about a hour and a half drive) that it becomes well worth it if I happen to be passing through Flint.

There's something very satisfying about having the option to put nacho cheese on your bacon cheeseburger.
:grillmarks:
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Double_G wrote:
vynsane wrote:um... "decent meal"? "mcdonald's"? did i miss something? i don't think you can call any combination of anything mcdonald's sells a "decent meal".
The three pound angus burger that they have can qualify. It tastes like more of a real burger than the little hockey puck cheeseburgers that they have.
i have to assume you meant three-quarter pound. otherwise that burger would be, like, $20 based on McD's scale.

i guess it boils down to your definition of "decent meal". okay, so they have one burger that tastes like a real burger (as opposed to the rest of their fare, which, while it tastes GOOD, can't really be described as tasting like real burgers - they taste like mcdonald's "sandwiches") but i'm not certain that that alone will a "decent meal" make.

"decent meal" to me means something akin to a few pieces of steak or chicken or something, with potatoes or rice, and one or two vegetables... but i'm just spoiled because we get our stuff all-organic straight from the farms that produce them. so i guess my threshold for the use of the term "decent meal" has significantly gone up recently. also, a large part, though not totally exclusive, is home-cooked. home-cooking goes a long way toward meeting the "decent meal" threshold, though like i said, exceptions can be made for a really good restaurant or something. i've had more decent meals at home than i've had out, though. that is not to say i can't enjoy junk food like McD's or taco bell or whatever, but i can't even begin to consider any of it a "decent meal". while you can get a filling meal (and overly-filling, as you can easily eat up to and beyond your daily allowance of calories in one sitting at any one of those places...) to me it's tantamount to eating candy bars or ice cream or movie popcorn & soda for lunch (which i have also done, let's not be dishonest... i'm not a "decent meal saint" - you saw my list of favorite fast food burgers...) all that basically comes down to a whole lotta calories and no nutrients, practically the antithesis of a "decent meal". i see all junk food, including fast food, as an indulgence and nothing more: to be relegated to no more than a "once-in-a-while" thing.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

My friend and I were watching TV, just before lunch one day. We saw a commercial for either Jack in the Box or Carl's Jr. advertising some greaseball burger. It may have been a sourdough burger, can't recall exactly, but the bun was even greasy. He said if I could eat it and not poop for 2 hours afterward, he'd buy lunch. We went down and ordered the burger.

I won by about a half hour.

Slightly even more off topic...If you have an Omaha Steaks near you, try their burgers. Not bad at all.
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

we just figured it was too much to spend on a hamburger.
Thats how I feel about Red Robin, good food, but 9 bucks for a burger? Eat my ass I say
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Anty, you drive through Flint and don't eat rabbit?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Two things:

1. My only real problem with Michael Moore is that he makes Michigan look like the Lanniest place on Earth.

2. Dude, next time post some kind of fucking warning. That shit pissed me of.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Aww, man, c'mon. I mention Flint and rabbit in the same sentence, and you don't see it coming?

(Agreed on Michael Moore making Michigan look Lannyriffic. And, since he's always right, I'm never going there!)
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Considering I haven't seen Roger and Me? Nope, I didn't see it coming.

To go a bit further off-topic...
Despite mostly agreeing with Moore, I see him more as entertainment rather that a documentarian. Dude is so fucking one-sided - docs shouldn't take sides.

(Did I just make up a new word?)
anarky

Post by anarky »

Sorry about that, then. I figured that scene had been discussed so many times that everyone would at least know about it. Kinda like that great scene where Jake orders two fried chickens and a Coke, and then Elwood wants just toast. Wait, you've not seen that one, either, right? :)
Michael Moore
bacon

Post by Michael Moore »

I take offense at the previous statement. All my documentaries are "fair and balanced" in the sense that Fox News uses the phrase.

I have never lied, exaggerated, stretched the truth, eliminated opposing viewpoints, grandstanded, or made it appear that the creator of South Park animated a gun control cartoon.

Nor have I ever passed up that fresh rabbit. Yum yum! How do you think I got so obese?

Also, that woman is now the Secretary of Health and Human Services under George W. Bush.
Shame on you, George W. Bush. Shame on you!