Sushi

awwww, man, food is awesome...but pooping it out is alot better

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Sushi

Post by Eternal Padawan »

My roommate took me out for sushi for dinner last night. It was my first foray aside from the occasional bite at a party. it was all you can eat. It was good eating, but I think I overdid it. I ate the equivalent of three rolls and plus two different kinds of appetizers. And my last roll was overly spicy. My gag reflex was starting to kick in.
"Say Jim! WHOOOO! That is a bad outFIT! Whooo!"--Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." --Megatron,Transformers: The Movie
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I had sushi once, on a plane. I was flying back to VA from London. They served little sandwiches. I thought they were tomato. After a bite, I thought it tasted fishy, so I opened the sandwich to inspect it. Sushi, tuna I think. I figured, "I swore I'd never eat this stuff, but I've had a bite, and it wasn't bad. May as well finish it."

I was in bed for a week after, suffering from the horrific combination of jet lag and food poisoning. :flush:
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

Okay. "Airplane Sushi" is a RED FLAG in the food industry. It's one step above the stuff Homeless Man dumpster dives for behind the Olive Garden in Encino.
"Say Jim! WHOOOO! That is a bad outFIT! Whooo!"--Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." --Megatron,Transformers: The Movie
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

I just had sushi last night for dinner.

I went to a conveyor belt sushi restaurant and they kick ass!!

For those that haven't been to one, there's a bunch of seats around a circling conveyor belt and there are different plates with different dishes on it and you just grab whatever you want. They charge by the color of the plate you grab. I paid just over $7 American for about 5 plates.
Sweet berry wine!
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

I really like it, but I'm not overly adventurous. I'll have mainly vegetable stuff, and anything with salmon (smoked, perferably), tuna (cooked though) or shrimp (again, cooked - but I don't think you eat shrimp raw).

I love the wasabi and soy sauce mixture, and the pickled ginger is amazing. Nummies.
"Something inside me....."
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

I just went to a conveyor sushi restaurant again last night and I'm a whore for the shrimp on rice with a dab of wusabi. I had I think 10 of 'em total.

It was fucking amazing.
Sweet berry wine!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

I've tried some weird food (by American standards) in Korea and Kuwait, but I don't think I do the sushi thing. Maybe the shrimp, but not fish.