G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero

Post by anarky »

I want new figures. I'm tired as shit of old ones, especially when they're $10+ a pop.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

If they are going to re-release/repaint stuff, why can't it be the figures that were hard to get?

Last time I was at TRU, they had 2 Joe figures. One was the Blowtorch single carded figure. The other was the Blowtorch/Viper 2 pack. Wasn't Croc Master also a peg warmer?

Meanwhile, you have the ROC Pit Commando going for at least $20 each on ebay. The TRU ROC Benchpress & Firefly are pretty pricey also. They have released decent Fireflys since then, so no big deal. And why another Cobra Commander in the 2 pack instead of someone else, like Buzzer?
anarky

Post by anarky »

Croc Master was a huge pegwarmer.

They suck at army builders. Every time they have a chance, they say they want to facilitate army building, because everyone wants a large Cobra army. Then they pack in army builders only in two-packs with character who've been done a thousand times since 2006 and no one wants more of.

With the 50th line, they should revisit things like the "Snake Eyes vs Red Ninjas" pack (only without Snake Eyes) or the "Cobra Night Force" pack. Straight-up army builders.

The craziest thing is that could easily release a Snake Eyes most collectors would actually want and would satisfy the retailer's desire to keep main characters on the pegs (despite being too stupid to recognize they're the ones not selling): Repaint him like the Brazilian Cobra de Aco. I think there were other Brazilian Snake Eyes repaints, too. If you want, you can actually use it as Snake Eyes with an uncharacteristically bright color scheme. Everyone else uses him as the Brazilian character. It's not like it's without precedent; we got the Brazilian Glenda and Ninja-Ku updated and released in the US as Pilot Scarlett and Ninja-Ku Storm Shadow.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

If I had read the comics would I have understood this?

http://joebattlelines.com/2015/07/30/g- ... -in-stock/
anarky

Post by anarky »

Old Snake was from a third season TF cartoon. Those BATs are totally made up.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Got the Alpine 3-pack.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Hasbro has a poll going on where fans can choose which character from "Kindle Worlds" gets made. Kindle Worlds is basically a way for people to write fanfic and publish it without fear of being sued. I guess they get part of the money and the licensor gets part.

I'm not sure why it is that people can literally beg for years for the most basic characters (Cobra Troopers in different colors for starters) and they're unable to make them in the sea of Snake Eyes repaints, and they know that certain characters (Billy comes immediately to mind) are popular and even they want to make them, but then they do a poll for shitty Mary Sues that only a few idiots have paid the money to know who the fuck they are.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Holy shitballs, a female Cobra Officer, SAW Viper, and Shooter?

I have the biggest nerd boner right now.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

How have they not gotten on the 6" black series bandwagon with classic joes?
"Something inside me....."
anarky

Post by anarky »

I don't know.

But I bought an extra Jyn Erso and Deadpool with the intentions of customizing the two best characters.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Well, if the SW line is anything to judge by, you’d never see Snake-Eyes on the shelf, but there’d be 10,000 [insert character nobody gives two shits about] pegwarming everywhere.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran

Post by Ran »

They can sell 4" Joes from the collector club online for $50 each.

Went back to check on GI Joe news from Toy Fair, and there wasn't much

They are doing a minifigure line
https://news.hisstank.com/2019/02/25/wi ... more-66301

And GI Joe & Micronauts are both getting movies.
https://news.hisstank.com/2019/02/15/ha ... vent-66208
“For next year, we are developing live action films: G.I. Joe and Micronauts. For 2021, we’re working on an animated CG 3D My Little Pony feature film and a live action Dungeons & Dragons film. Our funding model will vary between films. G.I. Joe already has funding and we will likely not contribute. For other live action projects, we may fund up to 50% of the production budget; recognizing more modest budget model that we’ve established with both Bumblebee and the 2017 My Little Pony animated feature.”
anarky

Post by anarky »

Tom Foolery wrote:Well, if the SW line is anything to judge by, you’d never see Snake-Eyes on the shelf, but there’d be 10,000 [insert character nobody gives two shits about] pegwarming everywhere.
"Goddammit, Walmart has so many Skidmarks that they won't get anyone else in stock!"
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

If they were smart, every wave would be 1 SE, 1 Stormshadow, 4 Cobra Army Builders, and the remaining 6 figures would be the new figures in the wave.
There would never be peg warmers. Or less, anyway.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky

Post by anarky »

There are enough possible variants of both SE and SS that they could easily do this and never repeat.

Of course, their track record is they would be all repeats. Never figured out why they did those Retaliation multipacks that had the same damn SE when they could've done, say, homages to the Brazilian repaints and made everyone happy.