G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero

Post by anarky »

I'm just hoping the Night Landing sneaks out to Ross.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Well, I figured that the Tomahawk will never be anywhere but TRU, since Target and Walmart have both completely wiped out their Joe section. And TRU blows goats when it comes to clearance, so I used a 15% off coupon and got the Tomahawk yesterday. Haven't opened it yet.

Also, went into Dollar General today, just because we ordered pizza from this local place and it's literally next door. They had a bunch of Wave 2 figures; two of everyone except Duke and Cobra Commander. Probably because I know that there are no more Joes for a very long time, whether Hasbro's willing to admit that or not, I grabbed both Cobra Troopers Officers. (I'm not calling a dude with the helmet crest a Trooper, particularly when Hasbro pulled the little stunt of giving us Joe Storm Shadow v.2 and Tgin-Tzu as Cobra Storm Shadows because that's more recognizable, so we know they're fudging things with the names on the cards here).

Got to the register, and it was $9 for both. Turns out all their toys were buy one, get one half off. So this would be the time to army build if you're interested and they're available. (If the plastic quality on these were better or they had more weapons, I would've bought everyone else just for spare parts.)
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

Thanks for the heads-up. I ended up getting another black Cobra trooper and the greenish gray Duke. They had another black trooper and a blue trooper as well.

You did get the orange/white Stormshadow, right?

Big Lots has a Power Team Elite raft similar to the Night Landing thing. It is only $10, so I might pick that up.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I got the Power Team Elite raft today. Once again there are some accessories that I can't figure out. But overall it isn't a bad set.
Attachments
images (3).jpg
images (3).jpg (8.04 KiB) Viewed 4815 times
anarky

Post by anarky »

This overpriced Collector's Club glorified custom exclusive was garnering a lot of praise on HisStank.

As for me, I'm wondering when the hell Rod had time to join the Joes between Gasoline Alley and Every Picture Tells a Story.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Heh. Hillbillies.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran

Post by Ran »

I'm not thrilled with all of the re-releases, but at least it isn't all Snake Eyes, Duke, and Stormshadow.
Toys R Us exclusive 50th Anniversary Two-packs
Low Light vs. Night Viper
Snow Job vs. Arctic Bat
Blowtorch vs. Heat Viper
Lady Jaye vs. Baroness

Toys R Us exclusive 3-packs
Cobra Trooper, Cobra Viper, Beach Head
Destro, Leather Neck and Hawk

Toys R Us exclusive Vehicle packs
VAMP Mk 2 (Night Ops) w/ Flint vs. Cobra Night Landing w/ Eel
VAMP Mk 2 (original) w/ Flint vs. Cobra Landing Craft w/ Eel
COBRA Wolf w/ Ice Viper vs. Arctic SkyHawk w/ Snake Eyes
Pictures at this link:
http://joebattlelines.com/collectors-co ... -coverage/
anarky

Post by anarky »

Night Viper has red deco. Meaning that extra Low Light'd be necessary even if I find the regular Night Viper in green. :(

Not at all crazy about having to buy another VAMP and Flint for the new Eel and Night Landing. Much less two VAMPs and two Flints for both versions. :(

Blowtorch vs HEAT Viper looks like an easy pass for anyone who got the Cobra Island exclusive set (much less multiples at Ross) and was lucky enough to find a Blowtorch. (Meaning me!) :)

Destro looks slightly updated. I think Leatherneck was released in slightly different colors in the ROC line, so I'm cool with what I've got unless there's some surprise. I've got this Hawk already.

Ice Viper vs Snake Eyes is two sweet ass vehicles. And the Ice Viper rocks. At least this Arctic Snake Eyes looks like new colors and uses a different mold, so that's a slight improvement over dropping in the existing Arctic Snake Eyes.

No fucking need for yet another Beach Head (Hasbro has a real hard-on for him, given how unimportant he is), but the Viper Officer and another Cobra Trooper make this a bit easier to swallow.

Lady Jaye looks new. Baroness looks like the one from that third 6-pack, which I never got. I can deal.

Snow Job is an ROC repaint. He came with the ROC Wolf, which got clearanced out bigtime, so everyone has a dozen of him. The BAT looks bitchin' though.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I'm kind of glad these are going to be exclusives at TRU, so they should be easy to obtain. They don't even show up until fall.

There is something goofy about Lady Jaye, but I'll probably get that set. I'll skip Blowtorch/Heat Viper and Low Light/Viper. The BAT is cool, but I'm not sure if I'll buy that set.

I'll get one of the VAMP/Night landing sets. Not sure which yet, but it will probably be the brown VAMP. The Black VAMP looks more like a Cobra vehicle.

The only Leatherneck I remember in the ROC line was the one that came with the ATV at Ross. This version looks better. I might get that one even though I have that Hawk. I'm not sure about the Beachhead/Cobra 3 pack.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I wonder if they mixed up the images for the VAMP/Eel sets. The one is clearly a night-themed VAMP and the original Night Landing. However, the other is a "daytime" VAMP and what looks like a more night-appropriate Night Landing.

Fact is, if SW sticks with Rebels and 5-POA figures, and Transformers will be skewed toward the movies, I'll probably get most of this stuff just to have custom fodder. I really wish we weren't getting a fucking third Low-Light to get the damned Night Viper.

Speaking of which, if you find any of the last three Retaliation figures (Night Viper, Jinx, and Blind Master), I want them all and am having shit luck at the Walgreenses near me.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Looks like at least one of the VAMPs, and probably both, are convention exclusives. :(
Ran

Post by Ran »

anarky wrote:I wonder if they mixed up the images for the VAMP/Eel sets. The one is clearly a night-themed VAMP and the original Night Landing. However, the other is a "daytime" VAMP and what looks like a more night-appropriate Night Landing.

Fact is, if SW sticks with Rebels and 5-POA figures, and Transformers will be skewed toward the movies, I'll probably get most of this stuff just to have custom fodder. I really wish we weren't getting a fucking third Low-Light to get the damned Night Viper.

Speaking of which, if you find any of the last three Retaliation figures (Night Viper, Jinx, and Blind Master), I want them all and am having shit luck at the Walgreenses near me.
I was looking for Jinx and Blind Master myself. I kind of gave up on Walgreens. It is my own fault I didn't order them when I saw them online.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Over the weekend I got the Quick Kick from the 25th DVD pack for $3. No stand or accessories.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Ross has the 3 packs from the movies for $10. I got the Joe set with Airbourne and Snake Eyes. According to Hisstank, some Ross stores also have vehicles.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Assuming I ain't broke, I'm buying every damned one of those I see. They're a customizer's wet dream of spare parts.