G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero

Post by Eternal Padawan »

There is a Joe from every state in the Union. Except TWO. (two states, not two Joes) Name them. One of them is a pet peeve of mine, since I spent my formative Joe appreciating years IN one of the two states. I expect a little love from Hasbro. [roll]

And we should have a Snake Eyes Smiley...Snake Eyes Kicks ass. In fact, Snake Eyes birth place is classified, so I'm gonna assume it was in the state not mentioned above. That makes me happy. So there you go.
Jedi Knightrider 3000
sloth

Post by Jedi Knightrider 3000 »

was it new jersey, cuz if it was GOOD! jersey doesn't deserve a JOE! jersey sucks! f jersey!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I think this'll be easier through process of elimination. . .

Alaska: Frostbite or one of the other snow guys
Georgia: Scarlett
Massachusetts: Lady Jaye

Uh.....
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Oh you guys SUCK.

It was Delaware and South Dakota. Now I know nobody gives a fuck about Delaware, but I used to live in South Dakota from the time I was three until I was sixteen. And since most people can't remember things from before their three (I have a few fleeting memories of my cat running away in ND, and a Christmas in MI) basically my first memories are from living in Sioux Falls.

So Snake-Eyes was born in South Dakota.

Spread the word...
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

I just wanna add, you think YOU had it bad??? Most of the Canadian issue joes had ludicrous Canadian birthplaces. Airborne was for Newfoundland, he's the only one I'm real sure of, and they were all from colourful little nowhere towns, not a single one form anywhere that even I as a Canadian could recognize....
On a similar note, my Tie Domi (#28 on the Leafs) custom is almost finished, and he rocks. I'll try to post a pic here when he's all done.
Oh, and also, completely off topic, I don't have an email address that I can access (the one I use is one that is active yet inaccessible to me), and I'm not sure if I can still get pms at ssg- has anyone tried to pm me and not succeeded lately?? It's just seemed a bit quiet, is all.
Jedi Knightrider 3000
sloth

Post by Jedi Knightrider 3000 »

i actually tried to pm you last night - said your inbox was full! after that, i cleaned house on my inbox myself... had about 35 messages in there, which might be the limit now...
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Man, I love a full box.

Is anyone even getting these new Joe figures? I just wasn't impressed.

But I was thinking about buying up some of those cheapie MUSCLE figures that are fairly articulated and customizing them into sweet Snake-Eyes and Stormshadow figures. Or Hasbro could save me the trouble and put out some six inch hyper-articulated Joes. G.I.Joe Legends as it were.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Hasbro is a bunch of morons. Transformers and GIJoe (both 80s models, not the later crap) are probably more popular now than they were 20 years ago, and the people buying merchandise are old enough to have some dough to spend on them. And yet they keep going with this GIJoe vs Cobra and Armada bullshit. Thank God they're making that bitchin' 20th anniversary Prime, but what wouldn't I give for a line of "Unleashed" GIJoe and Transformers, based on the cartoons, movies, and comics. . . .

Unleashed Grimlock stompin' some Sharkticons
Unleashed Prime with the Matrix
Unleashed "King" Starscream
Unleashed Snake Eyes from the cover of GIJoe #95
Unleashed Serpentor (the character's a dumbass, but the look is cool)

The possibilities are endless!!
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

All my daughter wanted for Christmas was a tank. Well, she wanted other stuff, but whenever anybody would ask her, she would say "An army tank." She's an odd five year old.
but anyway, I got her the GIJoe Patriot Grizzly for Christmas and when she unwrapped that thing last night...well, that's gonna be my favorite Christmas moment for a few years. The shriek of delight that emanated from her was what Christmas is all about.

And this thing is wayyy cooler than any JOE toy I had growing up. The joystick on the back lets you track the turret left or right, another knob rotates the machine gun, and yet another button fires the main gunn. All with sound effect! And the coolest feature? Instead of hand loading missiles down the front one at a time like you would on yer pappy's action toys for a wimpy springloaded attack, this puupy lets you drop 'em all in a payload and then it LAUNCHES them electronically out the barrel. And I mean LAUNCHES. 15-20 ft. It kicks ass. I am impressed.

Yo Joe.
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

I have a little new-Joe display. I badly need a cool Beachhead figure, and one of Firefly that doesn't have metallic trim on it. Too bad vintage cost so much, or else I'd have them and a wicked Mark I Vamp to go with them.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Sigma Six blows ass. I got Stormshadow and Snake-Eyes because they're <i>kinda</i> like Legend sized, but the rest of it just blows. God I weep for the Marvel line. Weep.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Those two rock. I picked up Cobra Commander, too, and he sucks. I got Kamakura free at TRU a few weeks ago when I picked up the Viper Lockdown set that Hasblow sold out of even though it's supposed to be a hasbrotoyshop.com exclusive. I've not had the courage to open the neon yellow skateboarding sumbitch yet, though.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Ugh. yeah. Even Snake Eyes sort of let me down. Stormshadow is great. The rest of it just looks like garbage.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I am not at all disappointed with Snake Eyes. I have him standing with his sword in one hand, by his side, and his other arm raised with the Uzi. Did you get the original, or the poo-poo ninja armor version?
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

I guess this is the best place for it.. a buddy of mine had some vintage Joes in varying conditions to get rid of, a real eclectic selection- if anyone's interested, he was selling them cheap, I could get the list and post it here... (IF I'm not way too late and he's offed them all already, but I somehow doubt that)