A deadly serious question about My Little Pony... for reals

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

A deadly serious question about My Little Pony... for reals

Post by anarky »

Apparently, there are a lot (or at least an extremely vocal minority) of adult male My Little Pony fans, who call themselves "Bronies." Look at any post from The Hub on Facebook, on an subject, and, inevitably, most of the comments will be garbage from grown men, often with (no shit) My Little Pony profile pictures, along the lines of "Who cares about Transformers, when will you show new My Little Pony eps?" or the intellectually stunning, "PONIESPONIESPONIESPONIES!!!"

I shit you not. Given that the show is shit and even my 5-year-old DAUGHTER (the target MLP audience) would rather watch Batman, Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Transformers, Transformers: Prime, GI Joe, GI Joe: Renegades, or literally anything else on The Hub, including the fucking commercials for stupid-ass kitchen gadgets they play all the time, what the fuck is going on?

Please tell me these guys are trying really hard to be ironic, and failing, and beating a dead horse (my little dead pony?) long after it ceased to be funny (which was never).
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: A deadly serious question about My Little Pony... for reals

Post by Ran »

I have no idea why any adult, male or female, would pay attention to that show. My kids watch it on occasion, so I've seen a little bit of a couple episodes. It looks bad. Pound Puppies is pretty bad, too. Neither of my daughters want anything to do with "boy" cartoons like Transformers, GI Joe, or any superheros. The closest they get is watching the Star Wars movies with me. Even then, they prefer ESB and ROTJ. Yes, I realize ESB doesn't make sense, but they really like seeing the AT-ATs and the Wampa. I should make them watch SW this weekend. Its been a while since we watched it.

Come to think of it, my older daughter is starting to appreciate the Three Stooges. Technology has changed a bit since they were made and I have to explain certain things to her. But guys getting smashed in the head is still funny.

My 6 year old has a couple of the My Little Pony toys, but rarely plays with them. They usually play with the Little Pets, Barbie, Legos, or their baby dolls. Not sure why Little Pets don't have their own show (well, other than the fact it would basically end up being a Pound Puppy rip off). There are at least 3 generations of Wii/DS games,board games, and any other medium used by GI Joe, Transformers, & Star Wars.
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

It's got to be a troll-job, Chux. They're taking the piss out of toy collectors for sure.
"Something inside me....."
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

There's a contest on the Hub site right now. Just a "naughty or nice" bracket that people can vote on to see who is the naughtiest and the nicest character on The Hub.

Anyone going up against any character from MLP is being slaughtered. So far eliminated on the "naughty" side are fucking Megatron and the Joker, and Baroness is about to go down to some MLP character.

So it's gone beyond trolling. I fear for these people's minds.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

That's okay. We're gonna be eating MLP in our Happy Meals soon enough.
Horseburgers!! Booyah!!
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

Apparently, it's real. I guess the creator used to work for Powerpuff Girls and some people think it's similar to that. I don't understand some people.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.