star wars "saga"

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Jedi Knightrider 3000
sloth

star wars "saga"

Post by Jedi Knightrider 3000 »

a big <font size="6"><font color="limegreen">PRRRRRRRRRRT!!!!!</font id="limegreen"></font id="size6"> to the new star wars toys. i used to be excited about star wars toys. maybe it's just working in a toy store, but i just couldn't give a rats ass about most of these figures. the cloud city escape chewie is the best so far. while i feel that the chewie is absolutely the BEST star wars figure EVER, the rest leave me limp. meh! meh! i say!
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

Meh! Meh! I agree. After AOTC came out I have just had zero interest in Star Wars lately. I'll pick up the occasional figure if I see it, like the new Wal-Mart drunken barfly figures or the TRU exclusive X-Wing (it's pretty sweet.)but mostly my dick gets hard for the new Marvel :Legend stuff and possibly the new MOTU figures. OOH! [:D] Sounds like two new topics need to be started!

Simah dahn nah!
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

I snagged a Republic Gunship at Wal Mart the other day. It made me all nostalgic for the G.I.Joe Tomahawk for some reason. Weird, cause I never had a Tomahawk when I was growing up...
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

I think that some of these new figures are shit - but for the most part they've been pretty good. I love the newest classic versions: Luke, Darth, Chewie, Han (except the head has to be turned), Vader - all good figures. The electronic R2 is awesome as well. I just don't like the soft plastic as well. The face reveal Zam Wessel is a great figure.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

Yeah, I saw a bunch of figs the other day, and found it disturbingly easy to walk away without buying any... I don't have the time to get to walmart, either, so the bar figs that may "get" me are out of my reach,dammit.
I still think the clonetroopers will all be winners, except for that "covered in shit" 14 dollar preview one, that paint op looked so bad it hurt me.
I imagine that ephantmon will be hard to miss, I'm still really stoked on that one, but even orn free taa made me say MEH, and I wanted one of him when tpm came out..... more ewoks would be okay, i guess.... a good lobot would be nice.... no more fuckin hans or lukes for a while would be great too, as would a nice general madine...
"I am your father" vader is pretty cool, but the stupid "action feature" kinda shocked me in a bad way when I opened him, and the damn saber he came with seems like it was designed to go with a different figure altogether, it doesn't fit in his hand at all, and either falls out or falls apart when "used" the way it was meant to be.
Anyone else find this??
Jedi Knightrider 3000
sloth

i wouldn't know, because i haven't purchased any of the saga line since i got my first couple - yoda, hd anakin, mace "i'm constipated" windu, and shaak ti, cuz she's cool looking...

not at all interested in any more... maybe the chewie like i said, adn actually the padme in pilot disguise is pretty cool, and makes me kinda want to buy that one AND typho, who i had no thought of buying before - weird, huh? i guess i just think they would look cool together... my main thing now is movie maniacs V!!!!
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

Well, if ya can find im, typho should come pretty cheap, methinks, that IS funny, though, I never thought he'd be top of someone's "wants" list...
In the film, he confused my gf, she thought that he was jango, too, and the figure blurs that distinction as well, i thought...
On a related note, I can't believe how silly the sounds are on electronic 12" jango, it's like they modified a wolverine voice chip and added one o' them "powerslam" wrestling chips for the motion sensor part... I thought I was gonna get asked to leave zellers cause I couldn't stop shaking him around and giggling harder and harder with each new grunt..... "sir, that's an 80 dollar item, are you buying it?" "hell no, I just wanted to know exactly how silly he was so I could tell my friends not to bother!!"
Jedi Knightrider 3000
sloth

oh, i know, that thing is ridiculous... does he even say ANYTHING that he said in the movie??? it's so bad... he does say "don't move, jedi" but other than that, nothing he says makes any sense... and the obi-wan also! "give up, bounty huntah!" what's up with that?

as for typho, i wouldn't say he's topping my "wants" list, just an impulse to get the two figures at one point - probably won't get either one, however!
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

You know what's fuckin' sad? The figures we were talking about fuckin' ten months ago were the last figures many people found. Ephant Mon? I never even saw that big pudgy fucker. So much for being the fan favorite. Let's fuckin' shortpack the fan favorite, Hasbro. The fan favorite. The FUCKING figure everybody WANTED, nobody got! Turned out it was an Auction Site Exclusive.

Fuckin Hasblo.

I am so fuckin' finished with Star Wars. And for me that's sad because it's been my favorite movie for years. But with George's refusal to put the original unmolested trilogy on DVD and all this fucking horseshit from Hasbro with their fucking distribution bullshit. it's just...over.

I saw the new Throne Room Luke and the new Snowtrooper and I just didn't even fucking care. I left 'em on the pegs.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Saw a Clone Wars ATT "Separatist" Tank and a new Republic gunship at Target. The figure pegs were empty though. probably had all them new Clone War figgies and some jerk bought the entire fucking lot of 'em...
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

....to scalp. Dick licking ball sniffers. Fuck scalping. Fuck Hasbro Canada and their inability to make any of the retailers up here excited enough about Star Wars to order ANY new stuff...... we're getting dick. Dick. Nothing. Fuck all. I really can't wait for this painful thing to be over with, so I can finally pick up the last "hard to find" pieces Im missing - as soon as no one gives a fuck any more - and then I'll set them all up and be happy. Until then, it's so much trouble....... In the world of purchased collectibles, only comics have the power to make me truly happy.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Comics. yeah. At least you know every wednesday your going to get cool new shit to read. Can you imagine driving to 7 or 8 different places every other day looking for the latest Batman Comic? Or wondering if the guy that got there ahead of you picked up the last G. I Joe? Toy collecting develops fucking ulcers. Whoever came up with the concept of chase figures needs to have his jimmy removed with an electric kitchen knife one ultra thin slice at a time. Start at the tip and work down the shaft to the base centimeter by centimeter...
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Even though I had no problems with finding it before, I had to go to every comic shop in town to get Transformers #80, and found the last copy in the last store.

And it was worth the search! No ulcers when ActionMaster Optimus Prime showed up and started kicking serious 'Con ass!! And all by the Wild Man himself! :)

But the Autobot symbol is sad because it couldn't find that issue and now it goes for shitloads of money. That and because it saw the stupid crap that is passed off as SW toys now. How the fuck do a million or so Lukes get past quality control with the goddamned glove on the wrong hand? That's just pathetic.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

It's inexcusable, is what it is. It's a gong show. Total proof that the people developing and working on the line DON'T EVEN LIKE OR CARE ABOUT STAR WARS ONE LITTLE BIT. Im still looking forward to it being over, but I put up my shuttle - and it's wicked. It's right beside Carl's vintage Falcon!
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

Glad to hear the Falcon made it.... sad to say I don't really miss it, I'm REALLY glad a friend took possession of "her"... You replace the stickers yet, or are you displaying it from a "sneaky" angle???

Fucking SW toys... I saw that ultimate bounty at TRU alng with a million senator jar jars and what must have been a mistake, factory flight R2.. just one of him... it almost made me mad rather than hopeful....
And Ultimate bounty SUCKS... that fucking one-piece bike with the steer skull or whatever... it made me want to make my own bounty hunter bike just to put a pic up on SSG and show people what can be accomplished if one actually cares about what they are doing.... but then I figgered fuck it, don't wanna give h-blow any o' my good ideas...

next thing I care about is that new heroclix set... Jim, I saw the pics about a week before you mentioned them... my surfer is way better than that one!!!