star wars "saga"

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: star wars

Post by Tom Foolery »

I’m pretty sure 99% of WM exclusives go out the backdoor after some unscrupulous money changes hands.
They never see the shelves around here.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Not SW, but still WM exclusives.
I found a comic Thanos someone (I assume) accidentally put on the shelves a while back.
They also supposedly have a "Worthy" Captain America figure from Endgame that I've yet to see.

Fuck WalMart.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I've had bad luck with Walmart Exclusives. Last time I was in WM, they had a vintage carded Snoke for $2.50, and that was about it for Star Wars.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

When they had the 3.75" Black Series out as exclusives, it seemed everyone was having a tough time finding any but Jyn and Rose.

I could've built an army of Kylo Rens. It always seems one or two areas get way too many, and everyone else gets none.

Or the G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra playsets. No one saw them, then, like a full year later, they were on clearance here, having never actually been on the shelves.

I'm worried about WFC Bluestreak and any TROS exclusives they're going to get. WM should be banned from exclusives altogether.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I wound up purchasing both Lando & the Jabba's set from overseas. Wasn't cheap. What that triggered, however was pretty fun.... I went through ALL my bins of Star Wars figures & created an ALL NEW bin of Jabba's Palace dwellers & visitors. The search brought me past some pretty unbelievable figures that Hasbro has offered over the past bunch of years... we were spoiled. At the end of the search, the only figures that haven't had a proper remake (by my count, correct me if I'm wrong) are as follows:

EV 9D9, 8D8, Ishi Tib, Pote Snitkin & Tessek - all POTF2 era figures at their most recent. The Droids still hold up okay to be honest. B'Omarr Monk hasn't been redone either, but honestly what more could you ask for?
"Something inside me....."
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I'm assuming you mean 3.75" figures, but I really want a deluxe 6" Han in Carbonite, with both figure and block (a double sided block, frozen and unfrozen).
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

And a 6" Take Apart Threepio with cargo net or a deluxe Chewie with Threepio on his back.
Ran

Post by Ran »

jjreason wrote:I wound up purchasing both Lando & the Jabba's set from overseas. Wasn't cheap. What that triggered, however was pretty fun.... I went through ALL my bins of Star Wars figures & created an ALL NEW bin of Jabba's Palace dwellers & visitors. The search brought me past some pretty unbelievable figures that Hasbro has offered over the past bunch of years... we were spoiled. At the end of the search, the only figures that haven't had a proper remake (by my count, correct me if I'm wrong) are as follows:

EV 9D9, 8D8, Ishi Tib, Pote Snitkin & Tessek - all POTF2 era figures at their most recent. The Droids still hold up okay to be honest. B'Omarr Monk hasn't been redone either, but honestly what more could you ask for?
The B'Omarr Monk is fine. As far as Jabba's palace goes, they should have released BG-J38 on its own card. He was impossible to complete as a build-a-figure. I don't even know if I'm going to try getting those new figures. Are they supposed to show up at retail stores?

Looking back, there were only a few figures that were made that I didn't get (BG-J38, the rebel soldier in Biker Scout disguise, and the blue Snaggletooth from KMart). All three of those are pretty minor characters. Other that that Emperor's adviser, I can't really think of any figures I wanted that they didn't make.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

The B'omarr Monk was technically redone--he was rereleased in the OTC era with very slightly different paint apps.

Okay, I don't count it, either.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

anarky wrote:The B'omarr Monk was technically redone--he was rereleased in the OTC era with very slightly different paint apps.

Okay, I don't count it, either.
One was a mail-away, and the other was from a Battle Pack, right? And, the main difference is the color of the "fluid" in the globe?
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Yep. Blue vs Red goop in the globule.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Saw the Skiff at a Walmart, plus the vintage carded pilot Luke and Jabba's Palace Lando. They also had gold Luke/Chewbacca and Han/Leia 2-packs, a few 6" figures, and some other new style figure(looked like it could have been repackaged Infinity figures).

$40 for the Skiff seems excessive. Thought about getting Lando, but passed for now.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Diabolical wrote:And a 6" Take Apart Threepio with cargo net or a deluxe Chewie with Threepio on his back.
Announced at NYCC!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Yes, that Chewie & C3PO is an amazon online exclusive which I believe is now either up for order or preorder. Must have.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I only remember 2 take apart C-3POs in the 3.75" line. Was it POTF2 where the limbs just popped off and came with a net? Then one that was molded disassembled with the light up eyes that came with Chewbacca. It is somewhat surprising that they haven't put out a new one on a vintage ESB card.