star wars "saga"

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: star wars

Post by Ran »

Diabolical wrote:It was a 2 second bit in The Last Dumpster Fire.
Makes sense. Didn't she only have about 5 seconds of screen time? It almost seems like she's the Boba Fett of this trilogy.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Not worth starting a separate thread for...

Does anyone know a good place to find accessories for 6" figures? Random everyday stuff like coffee mugs, cell phones, baseball bats, etc.

I just thought it would be fun to photograph Black Series or Marvel Legends as if they were in everyday situations.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Ran

Post by Ran »

6" figures are 1/12 scale, so maybe look up 1:12 action figure accessories?
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Found a Bespin Leia at work last week.
They also had Gammorean Guards (finally), but I didn't have $50 for both, so I just grabbed Leia. I was hoping the GGs would stick around a while like dude from Solo is, but they were snatched up over the weekend.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Nice. I'm hoping to find her soon, along with Dengar & Hoth Leia which are JUST been sighted at WM up here. Soon, my pretties.
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

Went down some weird rabbit hole after reading one of Mark Hamil's tweets. There was a picture of him and Carrie Fisher on the Death star. She was in costume, he wasn't. https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/statu ... 4336063488

He was on set because he wanted to meet Peter Cushing. One of the replies to his tweets was from someone who only collects Tarkin Star Wars toys and posted a photo of their collection. I look closely, and there is a Tarkin on a Vintage card. I remember the POTF2 and ROTS Tarkin figures, but don't recall the Vintage one from 2012. http://rebelscum.com/HASBRO_TVC_VC98_GR ... TARKIN.asp

Just because I don't remember it doesn't mean I didn't get it. Now I have to go dig through my boxes to see if I have it. It has been a long time since I dug through my carded collection, so it might be fun.

Walmart and Target have one wave of Vintage carded figures. If the price ever drops below $12, I'd consider buying the Hoth Rebel. Other than that, I haven't had any urge to buy modern figures. Seems like Hasbro shifted their focus to 6" figures. I still occasionally pick up vintage Kenner figures.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Hoth Rebel Trooper was part of the first new wave of Vintage carded figures. The second wave was Solo & included Enfys Nest which I bought because I love the character design & the card was awesome. The next wave is starting to show up with Yak Face & another skiff guard... keep your eyes open as both look really good. Hoping to find them up here.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Thanks. Found pictures of the Solo wave and the new wave. Still haven't seen the Solo movie. I might think about getting Leia, Yak Face, and the skiff guard. Is it weird that I like the card for the Hoth rebel more than the figure itself?
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Solo is on Netflix.

It's really good. No shit.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Yeah I'll second that. I finally got through a second viewing & was much more enthused than I was the first time. I think even I was suffering brand fatigue when it hit theaters - I saw LJ quite a few times. ><
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

jjreason wrote:I saw LJ quite a few times. ><
Why would you do that to yourself?

And yes, Solo is great. A lot of fun.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I'm not really avoiding Solo. Just haven't got around to seeing it.

Rogue One was on TV, so I watched that again. It is pretty good. I even watched half of ROTS again and I still don't like it. It is highly doubtful that I would try Last Jedi again anytime soon.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Kind of a tangent, but I don't understand the people who hate TLJ so much that they'll go apeshit over Disney Star Wars in general.

TLJ was divisive. Fine. Like it or don't, but Disney's track record so far is otherwise quite solid.

Rebels and Rogue One are the best SW we've gotten since 1980. Solo is great. I didn't like TFA at first, but it's a solid movie that's really grown on me. Resistance started slow but is really kicking it into high gear. Forces of Destiny is mostly inconsequential fluff, but not awful.

A lot of the better aspects of the old EU are being worked in. About 75% of the new comics and novels are good, which is a much more solid percentage than pre-Disney.

Aside from a serious lack of focus on the merchandise (which could be either Disney or Hasbro, there's no telling), it looks to me like we're actually way better off.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Okay, and games. I tend to tune them out, but it seems like everyone agrees EA is screwing that pooch hard.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

EA & Activision both have a very good money making formula & they don't stray from it. They know how to bleed the customers & employ the same tactics (pay to win, or "loot boxes" as they call them) with an over emphasis on player vs player.

The days of solid, one player adventuring are over. Not enough money to be made. This isn't just a Star Wars thing, it's a video games thing.