muppet show

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

The next wave is out already! And in abundance! Palisades does toys right. Mattel could take a lesson or three from these guys on how to distribute gooodies.

Waldorf and Statler are must haves. Clifford and Fozzie..not so much. And i still need to get Rizzo, Pepe and now Vacation Pepe.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Eternal Padawan</i>
<br />Waldorf and Statler are must haves.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

awww, hell yeah! man... i need money... i still don't even have floyd or zoot.

i got koozebane kermit, though. he kicks ass! with the koozebanians AND the murdeledops... awesome. these are THE best toys out there now!
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Yeah. Palisades makes stuff based on what the collectors want. Other companies, Mattel, etc make stuff based on the pocketbook. Did you see that freakin' laundry list of cool shit Palisades is releasing next year! Backstage playset! jargo posted it at SSG in the Other Toy Forum. Swing by there and start drooling.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

yeah, i did see that... unfortunately, i need money...
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

I finally saw Space Piggy and the <i>SwineTrek</i> playset. Pretty sweet. Except both the boxes i saw were smashed beyond comprehension. So I passed. Still need to snag a Vacation Pepe, hokay?
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

FUCKING GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they opened the site back up, apparently completely by secret, and they sold out of adventure kermit!!! this sucks!!! now i'm gonna haveta ebay it!!!!!

GAH!!!!
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

So I finally tracked down a Muppet backstage playset at eb.com. Fuckin' $60!! But it was worth it. Thing is HUGE! Looks like the last hurrah for the Muppets. Ah, well it was fun while it lasted.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Apparently my Sesame Street forum was trashed, but I just wanted to say I got hooked up with a Super Grover from WizardWorld LA. The coolness officially begins.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Yeah, one of my friends got one for me as well. It is one of the coolest toys ever, and the Alex Ross packaging certainly doesn't hurt.

I plan to get all the Sesame Street figures except that piece of goat cum Elmo.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Palisades got bought out (?) and the fate of Sesame Street is up in the air. That sucketh mightily. Especially since I got to see them at ComiCon last year and have been drooling impatiently ever since. I was really looking forward to Big Bird. And eventually Snuffie. The only character named after films where people die for real.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Re: muppet show

Can somebody cool like Art Asylum or NECA pick up this line and run with it? I want a ManaMana.
"Say Jim! WHOOOO! That is a bad outFIT! Whooo!"--Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." --Megatron,Transformers: The Movie
Jargo
christopher walken

Post by Jargo »

Tis a crying shame the first wave of Sesame street didn't make it. Big Bird, Guy Smiley, Oscar, Ernie, Two headed monster, the section of street. :frus:
Ken Lilley, former Pallisades dude, now owns the molds I think. Unless he sold those too when he was clearing out his stash of Pallisades toys on ebay.

IIRC the second wave would have had regular Grover, The Count, Prairie Dawn and a Wotnot.

SuperGrover rocks though. Out of all the Sesame street characters I'm glad he got produced.
I have never read any of your posts, but from what I can learn I should say that for people who like the kind of posts you deliver, they are just the kind of posts such people like.
Whatevah!
Osculum mihi asinum!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

My SuperGrover is still unopened. After the line got kiboshed before it ever even saw daylight, I just didn't have the heart to display him solo.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Some company made Galactic Heroes-scaled Sesame Street figurines. I've only ever seen them at Big Lots. Every 2-pack includes Elmo. And not different Elmos, either. To get even a small cross-section of the denizens of Sesame Street, you'd have to amass a fucking horrifying army of Elmos.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Grover
bacon

Post by Grover »

Nobody puts I, Groverrr, in a box!

RuPaul tried. And I crushed his tiny nuts in my furry blue paw like a vice. :evil:
Hallooo Everybodayyyy!!!

It is I, SUPER Groverrrrrr!!!