So, what toys did you buy or get this week?

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: So, what toys did you buy or get this week?

Post by jjreason »

They haven't even shown up here yet, but are expected. Let me see what happens here first & I'll scream for help if it becomes necessary. I've never had any trouble finding the WM articulated figures here yet, they get lots.
"Something inside me....."
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Gotcha. We are seriously swimming in them; I think everything that didn't go to the rest of the country came to the local WM. When they put out the Jyn wave, they also put out a shit ton of all the TFA waves as well as the Ackbar/Guard wave. I shit you not, they have them in four different places in the toy department because there are so many of them.

I figure that someone is going to get wise and snatch up all the tougher-to-find ones to put on eBay (the Scarifs got gone, but probably more due to army-building than scalpers), so I have no problem grabbing them for the folks whose WM's didn't get enough (as long as I'm not broke).
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Nice. I'm still hoping against hope we get a second wave with Eadu Jyn & Krennic. I think I'm the only one that non-plussed by Robowash & don't really care to have a figure of it, let alone a better one for triple the money.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Chux - I found Hux here. I want to pay you for the figure via paypal, but I won't need you to ship it. Blow him up with firecrackers or let Julian use him as a fishing lure, I don't care. Send me your email address.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Speaking of getting figures to other forum members, I stumbled upon a a GI Joe Retaliation Kim Arashikage while cleaning my desk. Still carded and complete with a layer of dust.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

A late Christmas present - very late. The more stuff I bring home from storage, the more I realize I don't have space. I've sold a few vehicles to try and thin things out a bit - but I can't find my Landspeeders to see if I want to sell one or two... must have another unopened bin/box here someplace.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Ran, I'm going to have to get you to mail her. I expected to be back in Vegas like, um, ever, and I have no idea when it would happen.

JJ, no worries. I'll give Hux to Junior, and don't worry about paying. $4 for a figure is good, and now he'll leave my Hux alone. :)

Oh, and I got a lord god "holy fucking shit" overpriced holy grail figure: Generations Metroplex. For free. :eek: This fucker really is giant.

Now I need to find the tiny Windblade from the current cartoon, who looks like regular G1 Windblade, so Metroplex can talk to my other Transformers. :D
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Free figures is good figures!!!!

I'm trying to get the 6" figures that appear in ESB at this point - if anyone has extras of Bespin Luke, R2, TIE Pilot, Yoda or any Bounty Hunters they don't want transplant organs in trade for, hit a honky up.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Unfortunately, those is the same ones I'm looking for. A guy on Facebook sold me a loose TIE Pilot and Boba Fett cheap, but the other ones, holy shit.

Even before I collected this line, I saw Bossk, IG-88, and even Artoo at retail and considered getting them. Unfortunately, I didn't.

I do think Hasbro almost has to re-release or resculpt Artoo and Boba Fett, at least.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

We've had 2 shots at Boba already, 3 if you include the prototype. The Bounty Hunters might just not make it to my place unless my dream comes true & they do a full 6 figure set which I can purchase for $12.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Forget the Artoo. That thing was a piece of shit. Buy the Bandai model kits. A little more expensive, but they look amazing.
Attachments
20170104_002305.png
20170104_002305.png (1.81 MiB) Viewed 2572 times
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I forgot about those. The first wave of these figures at retail made me puke - I was angry about them being so bad to be honest (specifically R2 and Pilot Luke's hair). I had planned to purchase them but just couldn't. Can you comment on the look of that R2 with the Hasbro 6" figs? Does he come up to Luke's waist or it way too tall?

EDITED: Looked up some pics. I'm going to order R2 & R5D4 and see how big a mess I can make.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Here they are for large and average figure comparisons.

There are a few downsides to these figures/models:
1. Not much playability, as they can be fragile (compared to regular figures), but great for display.
2. Some parts are a bitch to put together.
3. They almost look too good next to the regular figures (but far better than the Black Series Artoo turd they released).
Attachments
20170104_122637.jpg
20170104_122637.jpg (3.85 MiB) Viewed 2558 times
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Nice, I like.
Ran

Post by Ran »

A bunch of the 6" figures are on clearance at http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/list.aspx?list=22028

I still have no interest in starting the 6" line. I did get 4 of the 12" figures that the Disney Store had (Han, Chewbacca, Stormtrooper, and Boba Fett). I didn't get around to buying Darth Vader, now I can't find him. There was also a Pilot Luke, but I wasn't interested in him. Towards the end of last year, I was at that trade night at the local toy store and got a 12" Hasbro old Anakin from ROTJ and a remote control R2 that is about right for the 12" scale.

Oh, and I'm still collecting vintage SW....very slowly.